FS 1980s Rolex Datejust 16030 Taupe Dial

For sale is a lovely little 16030 Datejust with a fairly unique looking dial. I think it started life as a grey dial but is definitely more of a brown colour now. I’ve seen quite a few old DJs that have this trait, but no two seem to look the same.

This is a watch that I owned a number of years ago. I sold it to my brother but I’ve since taken it back in a trade.As much as I admire the watch, DJs aren’t really my thing any more. So, it’s up for sale.

I bought this as a loose watch but we felt it was nice enough to add some period correct accessories which match the serial number date range. This includes the inner and outer box, booklets, calendar and hang tags etc. What you see in the pictures is what you get.

The watch went back to Rolex in April 2021 for a full service. During this service it was deemed necessary to have a new clasp added to the Jubilee bracelet and a new oscillating weight added to the movement. I have the paperwork and the 3 year warranty card for this work.

Anyone who has sent an old watch back to Rolex, only to be given a long list of parts that need changed will realise that the minor work Rolex advised on this watch should be testament to the overall condition.

Needless to say, the watch operates perfectly with no issues whatsoever. A nice sweet spot between vintage and modern I’d say.

Overall the stainless steel case has been polished at some point in its life but it is still in very good nick. No spring bars poking out of the lug holes etc. The stainless steel engine turned bezel is still very sharp.

The bracelet is full length with no additional links. It’s huge so I expect it to fit most wrists. As you can see from the picture, the bracelet has some minimal stretch but has many years of life left. Rolex didn’t want to replace it so that speaks for itself really.

This is a lovely example of an Datejust which has been serviced by Rolex with paperwork so you know it’s good to go for many years ahead.

I’d like £5000 or close offers please.

I’m in Central Scotland.

I have a few positive reviews for selling in the relevant section.

Thanks.