Forums Latest Members

FS: 1980 Rolex Datejust 16014/16000 with blue dial

1. waterproofpt Jan 1, 2018

Offered at $3400USD
    Watch is located in and will ship from Victoria BC Canada.

I am putting up for sale my Datejust 16014 .... with 16000 modifications. The serial number is 663xxxx, which dates it to 1980. It has the cal 3035 quickset, automatic movement. Watch is 36mm without the crown and 20mm lug width. It was serviced by my local watchmaker ... not by Rolex ... in spring 2015 right after I bought it.

As a reminder, the 16014 came with a white gold fluted bezel and stainless crown. And a variety of dials. The 16000 had the smooth bezel and the 16013 was the TT version with YG fluted bezel and crown. And finally, the 16030 version had the engine turned SS bezel.

So, as you can see in the photos, I made a couple of modifications to it from the way it was when I bought it in its original state with the original WG fluted bezel and a linen dial and SS crown. It started by finding the beautiful and uncommon blue dial with YG markers and gilt print. I sourced a genuine YG smooth bezel and a set of original lumed hands to match. It resulted in a very beautiful and classy, and unique watch. I used all original Rolex parts consistent with the 16000 model series and year. The beauty of these Datejusts, is that the parts are interchangeable. However, its also something to be aware of because so many are out there with parts that have been changed (in particular bezels) without acknowledging that or without the original parts being included.

At the time the changes were made, my watchmaker, who has serviced a ton of 3035 movements did a complete service on it. (Well maybe not a ton ... but you know what I mean.)

For the price, I am offering this along with the original parts of the 16014. The WG fluted bezel, silver hand set, SS crown and will include a (spare) crown tube. You can have your choice of the dial ... EITHER the linen dial it came with OR the silver dial pictured. To be clear, it does NOT include BOTH dials. But you can choose which one you would like in the event you want to switch it back to all original. But more importantly so the original parts are included with the watch.

It comes on the gorgeous leather Rolex band and gold plated buckle shown in the photos. AND ... I will include the Rolex box you see in the photo.

Dial and hands are flawless as is the YG smooth bezel. The case is in excellent condition with no obvious dings. One of the end case faces has some pitting as shown in the photo. The macro shot accentuates it much more than is visible to the eye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for looking and please PM me if you have questions.

2. waterproofpt Jan 11, 2018

Still available although I’m thinking of reverting it back to as it was originally. But I’ll keep it as is for a bit.

3. waterproofpt Apr 15, 2018

The watch has been sold ... back in January ... I was a little remiss in updating.
    Thank you OF.