Forums Latest Members

FS: 1950s Universal Geneve Tri-Compax 22297

1. timjohn Sep 5, 2016

The time has come to thin down my collection and this isn't getting the wrist time it deserves.

Up for sale is a rare and original transitional Universal Geneve Tri-Compax 22297-2 in steel from the mid 1950s.

34.5mm without crown, Cal. 281 movement, screw caseback with reference and serial number 1666xxx remaining clear on the outer caseback. The watch retains its inner caseback.

As far as I can see in Sala (see p350), the 22297 is one of only two references to have the small pushers, marking the transition from square buttons to the larger later pushers.

The watch keeps good time, and all the setting buttons for month, moonphase and date work as they should. French day and month dials. The minute recorder works but does not reset to zero

The dial shows its age, particularly around the running seconds subdial, and has lost the lume on the hands but the dial is original and untouched with gilt hour markers to match the hands. There is also some damage to the minute recorder subdial which I have tried to show in the photos.

Service history unknown, comes on a generic brown leather strap as shown.

The top pictures were taken today, with the date set correctly. The movement shots were taken earlier, but I didn't want to open it up again unneccessarily.

I will accept returns if the watch is substantially not as described.

I’m asking US$4,500 PayPal or bank transfer only. The watch is in Australia and I post worldwide within reason.
    IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG IMG_3509.JPG IMG_3508.JPG IMG_3507.JPG IMG_3506.JPG IMG_3505.JPG
    Universal Tri-Compax (steel) movement 2.JPG Universal Tri-Compax (steel) steel inside plate.JPG Universal Tri-Compax (steel) inside caseback.JPG

2. kpaxsg Apr 6, 2023

Happy easter bump for you ;)

3. bgrisso Apr 6, 2023

this ad is from 2016