Forums Latest Members
  1. cunninghamster Aug 4, 2014

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 4, 2014

Looks legit - watch while aged looks like the real deal.

3. cunninghamster Aug 5, 2014

I'm really tempted with this... How much would it be to replace the Sapphire?

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 5, 2014

New crystal won't cost much, and I would factor in the cost of a service. You should be able to stay well under US$200 for both. Whether it's a good deal or not depends on the price, and you are taking some chances without knowing the condition of the movement.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 5, 2014

Its a plexiglass crystal, a tenth of the cost of sapphire

6. cunninghamster Aug 5, 2014

Thanks for your help guys. I've been doing a little more research and think this might be a redial. The only other watch that comes close to this says automatic under Omega.

One day I'll find myself a tasty little number!!

7. John R Smith Aug 5, 2014

This watch is not an automatic ;)

8. Habitant Aug 5, 2014

To add to John's comment… it seems to me that there is a Seamaster with a similar dial (these pictures are hardly definitive, but…) on a cal 342, which is automatic. But this looks like it could be a Seamaster manual. If a movement shot is out of the question, my own instinct is that this is an aged Seamaster, probably in need of a service. So £195 + £80 (just taking a price off an FBHI member's website) would put the total cost around £275-300, depending on what's needed (ie crystal, etc). Up to you, but not a deal, as such, just an okay price with risks attached.

9. John R Smith Aug 5, 2014

If you read the description carefully, with due regard to the serial numbers, you will find that it is a watch which has already been held up for examination here ;) very recently.

Dr.Sascha and Habitant like this.
  10. cunninghamster Aug 5, 2014

Thanks John,

Was good to see the inside of the watch!

I did search the forums for the serial number first but nothing came back.... it was contained within the picture!

With the risks I think I'll pass this time and keep looking. I just want to go to car boots and find a gem for 50p! (Yeah Right!)

John R Smith likes this.
  11. Dr.Sascha Aug 5, 2014

Just so we're all on the same page, that watch is the same as the one in this thread. I'm talking to the owner about it now, but still on the fence, especially after waking up to this discussion (so helpful, as always!).