Forums Latest Members

"Free" Stainless Steel Omega Links?

1. Speedy2254 Feb 11, 2019

I bought my wife a 28mm Aqua Terra for her birthday in November. She said it was a good, if snug fit, but has now decided that it needs an extra link or half link in the bracelet. Yesterday I rang the Omega Boutique at Bluewater to ask about ordering the link, only to be told that anyone buying a stainless steel Omega from an AD or OB is entitled to 2 links free of charge.
    Can anyone confirm this or has anyone experienced it?

2. Meme-Dweller Feb 11, 2019

It's probably true if you actually bought it there, which means you paid MSRP and they made their money back several times over. Otherwise, it's around $45 per link.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 11, 2019

The OP might well have paid MSRP, but buying from a boutique does not automatically indicate that. I did not pay MSRP for my DSOTM from an OB in NYC, nor did I pay MSRP for my Blancpain from the Blancpain Boutique in Las Vegas. Sure I paid more than gray market, but the discounts were still 4 figures in both cases.

Oh and sorry, can't answer the original question - never had to get additional links.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 11, 2019

I don't think this is some sort of policy - not one I've ever heard of. If they didn't give you the full number if links in the first place I could see them giving you the extras for free, but to say that everyone gets free links is odd...

Foo2rama and Speedy2254 like this.
  5. stevec14 Feb 11, 2019

I needed some extra links for a seamaster I bought many moons ago. Got a spare link and a half link free of charge. Not sure it was policy, more like I was a regular buyer who got on well with them. That said, if you bought the watch through the AD I suspect if you are nice to them they’ll help you out.

6. DesignerV Feb 11, 2019

I recently visited the STL Boutique and was informed of this policy. I was only inquiring about, and received, springbars for a watch that I did not purchase there. The associate did mention links as well, but I'm not sure whether that gratuity would be for Boutique purchases only, or all purchases. He mentioned that it was their desire to provide these small items without charge, to help people be able to wear and enjoy their Omega.

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2019

Omega Boutiques stopped giving 2 free links with every watch in the box a while back ( year or two ago ). If you ask you can still get them.

The policy was fit in store

Was a thread a while back where someone was getting fitted and needed 3 links and was charged for one.

Another thread about someone was going to ask for the 2 free links to sell them ( that didn’t go down well IIRC )

Archer likes this.
  8. Speedy2254 Feb 11, 2019

I got it from an AD at a nice 20% discount. I rang the OB as they are nearer me than the AD. Today I rang the AD & he's ordered me a link FOC!

9. IanS Feb 11, 2019

Ethical question: if you have a way, can you use it to collect all the "free" links not taken by customers and make your own Omega bracelets, then sell them on eBay? You'd only need clasps, and let the buyers know they need to get the proper end links on their own.

10. Meme-Dweller Feb 11, 2019

Most bracelets taper

Foo2rama and ConElPueblo like this.
  11. IanS Feb 11, 2019

Most jokes lose their appeal when they have to be explained. ::facepalm2:: :(

12. Modernism Feb 11, 2019

It is true, if you can't get a good fit, they will supply them, You don't mention if you bought from them, I'm guessing not, if you're asking the question that they've answered?

Speedy2254 likes this.
  13. Speedy2254 Feb 11, 2019

Bluewater is the nearest OB to me I actually purchased from an AD in North London where I got a good price..

Modernism likes this.
  14. Modernism Feb 11, 2019

If a recent purchase, you should definitely be able to get them gratis. Did you try the AD, or did the OB say they'd get them for you from Omega

15. Speedy2254 Feb 12, 2019

The AD has ordered it for me (he emailed last night). Either he or the OB will fit it for me..

16. Modernism Feb 12, 2019

Nice one, It's not widely known but they do offer this service if someone can't get the correct fitting

17. Speedy2254 Feb 14, 2019

AD emailed yesterday, link will be posted out to me today. That's service!!