Forums Latest Members
  1. Stevesprite Jan 12, 2014

Hi Hope someone might me able to help me out here !! I have recently bought this watch, and am somewhat confused about its pedigree. The Guys on the Military watch forum say it is a fake military watch. The Guy I bought it from says it is genuine !!!! The movement and case back are appear to have genuine Universal Geneve markings on them The movement has the numbers 1103 which I understand to be an ETA Movement ( I understand that Universal Geneve did use these in their watches).
    The Face has a military broad arrow and the back has military markings.

Can anyone help me ????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 12, 2014

I no pretty much nothing about your watch but I do know a little about forums. And from my understanding the guys at MWF are a knowleable bunch and they would have no reason for lying, they have no vested interest. The same may not be true of the seller......

3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 12, 2014

Sorry does not stack up, never was a military. Someone seeks to deceive, it is in my opinion a dress watch that someone has used to try and re-write history.
    Imagine a dirty thirteen :)

4. Stevesprite Jan 12, 2014

Thanks Alpha that's the same conclusion that on of the guys on the Military watch forum came up with.

Thanks shaun that was pretty much my conclusion. The Guys on The military watch forum were very helpful and Im sure they are right.

5. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2014

Would you be mad if I admitted I had a chuckle over this? :p

6. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Jan 12, 2014

It's horrible, sorry. Demand your money back! He's got a few others that aint quite right. This wannabe WWW(MOD watches wristlet waterproof, the dirty dozen) has absolutely no military provenance. If you're searching for a proper one, do study this site:
    http://www.time514.com/BritishX.htm

waXology likes this.
  7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 12, 2014

Bogus. Bad redial and fake caseback markings. Universal was never a WWW supplier.

8. waXology Jan 13, 2014

Great site LarryG. Bookmarked.