Forums Latest Members
  1. Marcus Santos Sep 23, 2014

I was offered this Omega, so I tried doing my homework and it proved too difficult to nitpick everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am new to Omegas, so I have been studying this one for a couple of days.

So far, I have noticed that the numbers on the caseback do not match anything on the watch itself, I´m not sure what to make of the dial (wether it´s a fake or just a poorly restored dial)...

What about the 565 movement??

Being sold as a PROBABLY 50's Omega, the caseback states 62, the movement is from 65.

Any comments are highly appreciated!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 24, 2014

Looks like a reconstruction of a tired old Omega using anything from the parts bin.

Caseback has been polished to death, dial is suspect (not for that size Omega ?), hands are not Ω style, 'nuff said.

Move along now, nothing to see here.............

Marcus Santos likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2014

Its a real calibre 565 movement but its a parts bin special, not worth owning

Marcus Santos likes this.
  4. Marcus Santos Sep 24, 2014

Thank you for your opinions!

Very much appreciated!

5. Dch48 Sep 25, 2014

Question here from a newbie. If it has the Seamaster logo on the case back, shouldn't it also say Seamaster on the dial?

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 25, 2014

99% of the time, yes, and for sure on this reference.

7. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 25, 2014

Its funny you mention that.

My late father was an Omega AD in the 60's and i have the watch he bought his father, its a seamster from 68 with a blue dial but it does not say seamaster on it. I have the original box and docs that are even signed by my dad from 68. My grandfather had really big hands so the crown was replaced with a non omega one which was easier to wind for him. Over the years the plexi was cracked and when my grandfather passed away it came to my dad.

I know i shouldn't but i had it sent to Omega for repair and polish and a period crown fitted and surprised my dad with the watch all repaired the christmas before he passed. I know its never been redialed and its exactly how it came to the AD, this is confirmed because my dad was the AD who sold it and my grandfather never had it redialed only serviced.

I now have the watch, lemme dig out a pic (if i can find it)

8. Marcus Santos Sep 25, 2014

I have found quite a few pictures of Omega Seamasters with no "Seamaster" inscription on the dial. I found them more common but not exclusive to the Seamaster Deville 1962 line.

[​IMG]

Anyways, according to Omega, this is the model related to the numbers of my caseback:

[​IMG]

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 25, 2014

the one i have has no date window