Forums Latest Members
  1. JM251 Aug 21, 2014

2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 22, 2014

Yep, look how far the dial comes in from the crystal ring - you could ride a bike in the ruts. Also 167.005 never had arrowheads or stepped dials, although there was a version in the 14900 without the stepping. Be interesting to see how he attached the dial to the movement.

This seller is one of the most inconsistent sellers Ive seen on eBay. Amongst the orchids and perfectly genuine pieces, he slips a few rotten onions. Probably gets away with it on most occasions too. I had a few run-ins with him over past years when I've blogged about his indiscretions. Real easy way to sew distrust on all his pieces.

Cheers

Desmond

JM251 likes this.
  3. TNTwatch Aug 22, 2014

The watch may very well be a franken, but I think what Desmond referred to is optical impression at the edge of the crystal. The two images below pretty clearly show no gap between the dial and the tension ring.

But I'd take Desmond's advice to buy the seller with watches in questions like this.

stepdial.jpg stepdial2.jpg
  4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 22, 2014

Good point about the optical effect, but up at ten to one o'clock there does seem to show a gap as the angle of the photograph appears to cancel out the effect. However, I'm willing to concede that I'm breaking in a set of new lenses :)