Forums Latest Members
  1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 14, 2014

Everybody's favorite seller from Mexico City is selling this. Again.

If you didn't win it last time, or the time before, or the time before that, here's your chance!

Never mind it sold as item numbers

Good luck! You'll have some stiff competition but no worries! If you don't win you'll see it again in a few weeks, maybe with a different bracelet!

http://bit.ly/1nAfbsz

Is anyone else tired of the games, or am I just being sensitive?

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 14, 2014

Oops got carried away. One of those is different. This watch has only "sold" twice.

3. ulackfocus Feb 14, 2014

I'm starting to wonder if he should be on the 'recommended' list or not. In the last few months he's 'sold' a few watches only to relist them and some of us are very suspicious.

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 14, 2014

Buyers do fall through. My sympathies to this seller, as he or she has apparently attracted more than his fair share of auction welchers of late. ::facepalm1::

5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Feb 14, 2014

I don't if this is the case here, but I have recently had 3 winning bidders back out after the completion of the auction for no good reason. Its more common than you would think.

6. nyc863 Feb 15, 2014

Ebay makes it a little too easy to back out IMO
    unless you've actually gone through the process of backing out, I think most ebayers don't know how stacked it is in the buyers favor.

Darlinboy and citizenrich like this.
  7. rolexfantastic Feb 15, 2014

Which of his pieces are correctly refinished ?

That 1950's Eberhard is a nice piece with that complete calendar Valjoux 72C. Even though the dial is not gorgeous, the catalog value is ~2800$.
    Eberhard is very popular in Italy and Germany and less commented anywhere else...

8. rolexfantastic Feb 15, 2014

citizenrich likes this.
  9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Feb 15, 2014

Yes, I did see that write up. Ben Clymer seemed so excited! he's a member here but I'm not sure how active he is. That guy has boundless energy. I'm friends with another Ben Clymer who is a d1 All-American wrestler from PA whknow lives in NY. He works with my son and is an occasional partner of mine. Absolute hammer.

I'm probably one of a handful of people who has purchased furniture and watches from Matt. Lol. He's a good egg.

I found this message board because of some research on a Polarouter which I purchased from Matt's assistant. He was being accused of being a scammer and I felt compelled to come to his defense. Good, clean fun, I suppose. I have a feeling this particular watch will have a very happy ending. There are a billion Polerouters but only a handful of unmolested Polarouters floating around the world...

image.jpg
    rolexfantastic likes this.
  10. rolexfantastic Feb 15, 2014

That Polarouter looks nice, although UG is not something i look after on a daily basis.
    Just like Matt, i have a passion for furniture but only knew the guy from his popular website and some articles i've read. Only now i understood he was selling that 2998 on the bay. That's quite strange considering his experience. I would have paid more attention...