Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr.Paner Nov 3, 2018

Few days ago I was surprised by my grandfather when he showed me this Omega Gneve model. I've been looking for some information about case and dial model but I haven't found anything except from the caliber.

The Cal. 267 looks good because my grandpa wasn't keen on automatic watches and changed it for quartz few months after purchasing it (new). I should take it to a watchman to a revision??

I think that the strap is not original. even not know if it could be gold.

The main reason is to find information about case and dial!

Thanks! IMG_4855.jpeg IMG_4856.jpeg

2. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Nov 3, 2018

Nice watch! Welcome to Omega Forums.

The bracelet looks quite nice too. A picture of the reverse side would help. Also there are perhaps numbers or text on the bracelet.

I don't quite understand something. The 267 movement (a manually wind movement btw) is not in the watch? Are you saying the original movement was replaced with another (quartz) within the same watch?

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 3, 2018

I'm skeptical that it was an early ('50s) Geneve. That is neither the typical case nor dial for such watches.

heavenscloud and Rochete like this.
  4. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Nov 3, 2018

Well, the cal. 267 has a subsecond configuration, and the dial does not...

Edited Nov 3, 2018
    heavenscloud and kingsrider like this.
  5. Vitezi Nov 3, 2018

This thread makes a good reference for the first generation of Geneve, including center second and subsecond dials and related calibers:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-geneve-1st-generation.13028/

6. François Pépin Nov 3, 2018

Do you mean your father change the 267 for a quartz movement in the same watch? Sounds odd. But on the other side, there is no way a 267 be the caliber of the watch on the first pic! As already noted, this caliber has a sub second.