Forums Latest Members

Found These Today At A Shop Today-opinions, Value-buy Or Not Buy? Any Interest?

1. agee Jan 8, 2013

Today I found a 1960's maybe 70's (IMO) Seamaster Automatic and a tank 14K gold Omega manual at a local shop. Both watches seemed to be running and keeping decent time in the short time I was in the shop
    The dealer said he would open the watches if I was serious about buying them. The Seamaster opens thru the crystal and the tank opens thru the back. So I do not have pictures of the movement or inside case back. Let's assume they are correct for now-I can check later
    The Seamaster has the wrong crown and the dial is a little spotty. Is it redone? I thought it looked like it was the original dial- price as is without Omega crown is $425
    The 14K tank Omega looks 1930's-40's (IMO) and the case and dial are in very nice condition-and appear original-price is $950 as is
    Any thoughts or opinions without opening the cases?
    Buy or not buy? How are the prices? Anyone interested in buying these? I can speak to the owner tomorrow if there is any interest-I'm not sure if I am interested yet
    Please disregard the Constellation case back picture that appears in this post by accident
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 8, 2013

I would pass on both of them. Neither one is particularly rare, and I think you would find a much better Deville example with a better dial on ebay in that price range. I also have a feeling that tank is redialed.

3. ulackfocus Jan 8, 2013

Meh and bleh. Not worth the price.

4. agee Jan 8, 2013

Thanks so far, anyone else?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 8, 2013

Na neither do anything for me, they're both no reserve ebay watches.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 8, 2013

ditto.

7. agee Jan 8, 2013

Thanks again
    Looks like I will have to pass on these