Forums Latest Members

Found Omega Watch In North Yorkshire

1. sue May 25, 2013

Please help find the owner of a mans omega watch found yesterday in north Yorkshire.
    the watch has been lost some time between February and yesterday I know this because of where I found it (I only check the box every 3 month) that's why I cant say exactly when it was lost but the owner will be able to describe it. my mobile 07875524749 thanks sue

2. Spy You know my name. May 25, 2013

Is there an OMEGA authorized dealer nearby? They might be able to help locate the owner using the serial number, as long as the watch is modern. If it is an older model that might be more difficult. But then again they could know the owner.

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 25, 2013

.... or the local police.

4. sue May 26, 2013

Hi I left the watch at the hotel where I found it and asked the barman to inform the local police, he said he would and he would put it in the safe until the police collected it that was Friday 2pm I phoned the police on Saturday about 11am but they hadn't received a phone call so I reported it they got in touch with the barman who said he was busy (not true only 1 customer in the bar when I left) I don't no the area very well I was just working in the area for the day and was behind with my work so had to leave things down to the barman, the police phoned me back and said the watch would be handed in after the bank holiday weekend they will keep it for so long then it will go to auction so I am trying my best to make sure the owner finds it before it is auctioned off, I have lost things in the past and not got them back and I know how sad I felt so would like to try to get this watch back to where it belongs, I have put adds on other websites in the area I found it but can only sit back and hope now, I phoned some jewellers yesterday who sell omega watches but they said only rolex keep a record of the owners, the other problem Whitby is a place where a lot off tourists go the owner could of been on holiday, the hotel where I found it has a restaurant and bar that are popular with the locals and tourists thanks sue

5. MyVintageOmega May 26, 2013

Turning a watch back to the hotel staff......would put the watch in their lost and found. If no one claims the watch after 60 days or so the bar-man can keep the watch ::facepalm1:: . You were wise to notify the police of the find so they can follow up. I myself would have just kept the watch and done it the old fashioned way and placed it in the lost and found ads in the local newspapers ................cheers::beer::

6. theconsultant Jun 6, 2013

If you Message me privately I will give the details of a reputable horologist with access to the Swiss Watch Database where he can check if it has been reported, if it has he will assist you in reuniting it with its owner. If its not, he will direct you to the site on where to register it as found.

Its good to know there are still some honest people out there! My hat goes off to you