Forums Latest Members

Found Mans Lost Omega Watch In North Yorkshire, England Uk

1. sue May 25, 2013

Does anybody know who has lost there mans omega watch between February and yesterday in north Yorkshire, if so please ask them to phone 07875524749 thanks sue

Privateday7 and Trev like this.
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 26, 2013

Isn't it nice that someone would go to the trouble of trying to locate an owner of a lost watch. There is still some humanity in this world!

Privateday7, Varasc and DLT222 like this.
  3. sue May 26, 2013

Thanks I just wish I could find the owner, the police don't seem interested and the poor man whos lost the watch must be devastated, I spent all day yesterday putting adds on websites and looking at images trying to work out which watch it is but no luck, I think I have narrowed it down to a speedmaster but it doesn't match any of the images I have seen on the web, I phoned some jewellery shops that sell omega but they said only rolex keep records of the owners, I found it at a tourist resort so the owner could quite possibly of been on holiday, if anyone has any ideas on how to advertise this watch so the owner can get it back then please help. thanks sue

Privateday7 likes this.
  4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 26, 2013

Perhaps if you could post a picture of the watch so we can identify it.

Regards

Demsond

5. ulackfocus May 26, 2013

There's a possibility you might be going to all this trouble about a fake watch.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 26, 2013

Don't post a picture.
    If you have photos, I would just private message any pictures to one or more of the moderators . That way you could find some answers without contaminating any potential owners knowledge.

7. sue May 28, 2013

Thanks but I don't have a picture, I don't no anything about omega watches or how to tell if its fake but it did seem to be good quality it also looked quite new or in very good condition, I was running late with my work so didn't have time to hang about or to take much notice of it, if a tourist has lost the watch I wouldn't know how to put a advert out that will cover all areas other than this site in the hopes someone mentions it to a omega enthusiast or that the man is one himself, I have put adds on facebook lost and found and on a horse racing site as I found it in the go racing compartment of the box I was topping up, I have also put a advert on the Whitby holiday accommodation site in the hopes if the man was a visitor staying in a hotel of b&b he might of mentioned it to the staff when he realized he had lost it but sadly no joy up to now.

8. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 29, 2013

Where did you locate the watch? Whitby holiday accommodations? We could add this to your topic title so it gets indexed by Google. :)

9. sue May 29, 2013

Hi, I found the watch at a hotel/bar in Whitby, I have informed the police who are going to collect it from the hotel and keep it for so long then auction it so I am hoping the owner gets it back before this happens, thanks sue

10. yande Jun 5, 2013

Regardless of the outcome Sue, you have done an admirable job already. I'm sure you have some good karma coming your way. Good luck.

In Australia, I think if it is not claimed within 3 (or 6?) months, the watch would be yours? Having a precise description of the watch in your mind may assist you if you happen to have more than one claimant. Words on dial, words and numbers on case back and the back of the bracelet if it has one. Colour. How many hands, any smaller dials and hands on the face of the watch. Those type of things.

I just did a search about Lost Watch in North Yorkshire, and your post came up Number one, though as Trev suggests, adding Whitby would be a good idea.