Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 23, 2017

In turn of "Practical" stories yes... but in case of "Theoretical" stories by far not ...

watch3s and MaiLollo like this.
  2. marco Nov 23, 2017

Well done mate.
    You did an excellent job that brought a wonderful piece of history back from God nows where.
    You have my admiration.

3. maxbelg Nov 23, 2017

I'm REALLY hoping that I can read a similar story soon about the recovery of Buzz's Speedy..................................:)

Taybharr, gdupree and watch3s like this.
  4. marco Nov 23, 2017

Ditto.

5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 23, 2017

Wait a bit... 2019 is almost here :rolleyes:

6. omegaman Nov 25, 2017

Wow... what on amazing story. Good job! :thumbsup:

7. watch3s Nov 25, 2017

"it belongs in a museum!" seriously though, great story :)

8. The_Walrus Jan 8, 2018

Fantastic story and great work assisting its recovery

9. JBZ Jan 10, 2018

Just catching up on this thread - what a terrific story!

On the Smithsonian, there are actually two Smithsonian A&S Museums in the DC area. One is on the Mall with many of the rest of the Smithsonian museums. This has a small(er) space exhibit and (at least the last time I was there) no Speedmasters on display. It does have the Spirit of St. Louis, the Wright Brothers plane, and lots of other very interesting aviation related artifacts.

The second is the Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles. This museum has a larger space exhibit (including the Space Shuttle Discovery) and does have a display of several space flown Speedmasters (at least it did the last time I was there). It also houses the Enola Gay and a Concorde.

So, if you're a watch/Speedmaster geek, you definitely want to check out Udvar-Hazy.

10. Johnvibes Jul 29, 2019

I'm hoping that forensics can answer the hands question. Knowing if they were replaced or painted will give a great clue.