Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. JimFJ

JimFJ Mar 17, 2019

Forgive the photos the crystal is badly scratched up.
    My questions about this watch are many but for a start I was wondering if this is an orgional dial as i have not seen another like it, with arabic nurmals at the 6,9 and 12 positions and date at the three position.
    I know its not the orgional band, but in the early 70s dad was into the native American jewelry.
    My second question should I have Omega do the full restore for $$$ or just send it to a qualified repair.

20190317_100449.jpg 20190317_100535.jpg 20190317_100552.jpg
  2. efauser

efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 17, 2019

Do not send to Omega. Your watch is not uncommon, there are many examples out there. Any qualified watchmaker can service it. Make sure you tell them not to polish the case. Full service and a new Omega crystal can be had for well south of $500.00, unless there is damage to the movement.

JimFJ, Dan S and Noddyman like this.
  3. Noddyman

Noddyman Mar 17, 2019

That’s certainly one funky looking strap.:)
    Dial is original and I suspect with a new crystal fitted your dads watch will look fantastic.
    Everyone here will tell you to seek out a good independent watchmaker sympathetic to vintage watches.

JimFJ likes this.
  4. OMEGuy

OMEGuy Mar 17, 2019

This watch looks like a ref. 14910 or 166.020 with most likely a cal. 562 movement and though it's hard to tell through the scratched crystal, the dial looks genuine and fine. :)

I think that the hands are probably wrong, they should be baton hands.

Do not give the watch to OMEGA, have it serviced by a qualified watchmaker instead.

Edited Mar 17, 2019
    JimFJ likes this.
  5. JimFJ

JimFJ Mar 17, 2019

Thanks all, as i wrote i found it cleaning out my parents house it was ing the garage in an old footlocker. Must have been there for over 20 years

6. JimFJ

JimFJ Mar 20, 2019

One more question
    I took the watch to a local Omega dealer and his watch maker is not on site, he called him to inquired about the crystal and in their conversation mentioned loosing another piece so...
    Can anyone recomend a qualified watch maker in the Washington DC area or how would I find out if the watch maker is qualifed?