Forums Latest Members
  1. jbos Mar 5, 2017

Hey guys,

This is my first post here. Last week I was on vacation with a friend of mine in Italy. We found an Omega watch on the ski slope while we were skiing. We first thought it was fake and didn't even know the brand Omega. We couldn't bring it to the Police office because we left that same day. Back home we contacted Omega and sent an e-mail with information. But they didn't reply to it, so now we don't no what we have to do next. We know for sure the watch isn't fake. I hope somebody could give us some advice.

Thanks!

PS English isn't my native language, so sorry for any mistakes

2. ac106 Mar 5, 2017

Post pictures. How do you know it isn't fake?

3. lillatroll Mar 5, 2017

Why don't you contact the ski resort and ask if anyone has reported a watch missing. You can also contact local hotels and chalet companies. A quick search on trip advisor will give you an overview of the hotels etc. Another option is to contact the resort police station via email. If it were my watch it would notify the hotel and local police incase anyone handed it in.

Willem023, mokofoko and Egatdagi like this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 5, 2017

Does this whole thing seem questionable? English isn't the OP's native language, apparently, neither is honor or common sense.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 5, 2017

Found on a ski slope, while skiing to the station in a rush to catch the train maybe?

Foo2rama and mokofoko like this.
  6. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 5, 2017

He was on his way to turn in the watch, when suddenly he was accosted by 4 armed men! Knowing he had to protect the watch at all costs, he valiantly parachuted off a cliff and ended up back home. And now the real work begins...

Mcurreri, Spy, MRTMan and 7 others like this.
  7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 5, 2017

Is this Remon? :thumbsdown:

ac106 likes this.
  8. lillatroll Mar 6, 2017

I prefer give him or her the benefit of the doubt. Why bother posting on here if you are not intending to try to find its owner? If they had posted pictures and tried to elicit value etc of the watch then I would be more sceptical.

Mcurreri, Syrte and dennisthemenace like this.
  9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 6, 2017

If I found a watch on a ski slope, or anything of potential value, I would take it to someone who works at the ski slope, and ask them to place it in lost and found. I would not take it home, sign on to a watch forum, and ask them for advice on what to do. I remain skeptical.

kkt likes this.
  10. jbos Mar 6, 2017

Thanks for the advice and some great opinions I didn't ask for. I was in a rush to catch the last bus back home so there was no time to go to the police. I contacted the Ski resort and wait for their response. The only thing I want is to give the watch back to the legitemate owner. If you don't believe me, please don't react.

Mcurreri and Spacefruit like this.
  11. ac106 Mar 6, 2017

Yes of course it's a total troll post.

Post a pic of the watch.

blufinz52, meganfox17 and Jwit like this.
  12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 6, 2017

[​IMG]

13. Lukeeesteve Mar 6, 2017

jrhave2 likes this.
  14. Holy moley Mar 6, 2017

Why in the heck didn't you give the found watch to the resort office in the first place? What would that take, two minutes at the most.

15. TNTwatch Mar 6, 2017

What happened in the past is not important at this point. What's important now is the OP is trying to return the watch to its owner and there's a chance we could see some pictures of it as a bonus.

Spy, Jwit, Willem023 and 1 other person like this.
  16. ac106 Mar 6, 2017

I'd say there's a better than 50% chance the OP is @ulackfocus channeling the guy who "lost" his seamaster in Boston harbor and trolling us from the beyond

Jwit and EatMan like this.
  17. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 6, 2017

That Boston Harbor story is a classic.

EatMan likes this.
  18. Lukeeesteve Mar 6, 2017

Link for a noob please.

Tritium likes this.
  19. omegaaddict Mar 7, 2017

I second this

Spy likes this.
  20. jbos Mar 7, 2017