Forums Latest Members

Forum: Auto-follow setting not working?

1. jetkins Jan 6, 2018

In my forum profile, I have "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply" checked, but "and receive email notifications or replies" unchecked, but it does not appear to be working - threads are not being auto-followed at all.

It was working previously when I had the email option also checked, but the spam was too much so I deselected that option, and now I have to manually follow threads that I am interested in after I reply or create them.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior, or am I just "special"? :)

2. duc Jan 7, 2018

I've found sometimes if I am away from this site for a longer duration than normal, the feature becomes disabled. I don't pay close enough attention to know precisely how long it takes, but I have noticed that it sometimes happens.

jetkins likes this.
  3. jetkins Feb 20, 2018

Noticed this again today - it’s been working great but today I had to manually subscribe to my own new thread.

4. jetkins Mar 8, 2018

@Trev, I think I may have figured out why this works sometimes but not others. I haven't done any experimentation to check, but I think it's failing to auto-follow the thread if I preview my post before submitting it. It happened again a short while ago, and that was the only thing that I did differently.

5. jetkins Mar 26, 2018

It did it again today, after I previewed before saving. I'm pretty sure that's the common thread here.