Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 8, 2013

Now they are just used...:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hijak, hockey and Alpenschneerot like this.
  2. Alpenschneerot Jul 8, 2013

Hi Styggpy,
    greetings to wonderful Stockholm. Two years ago we visited this beautiful town by ship.
    As for the 3 watches, they are all great, but most I love the Seamaster Chronometer 168.023::love::
    Reiner

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 8, 2013

Yea the Seamaster chronometer looks great!

4. Dablitzer Jul 8, 2013

Very cool watches.. I'm going to be different and say I like the middle one! But, of course the chronometer has a large piece of me too! ;)

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 9, 2013

Thank you all!
    And Dablitzer - there is a way out of your predicament. The one in the middle came in a chronometer version. I would love to have that one - in the same condition as the one I already have... The only difference is mine being cal 752 and the chronometer version being cal 751 (and the vital addition on the dial of course).

Here is a stolen pic of the one we are after:
    [​IMG]

Here is an old pic of mine on the original strap:

[​IMG]

Dablitzer likes this.
  6. Dablitzer Jul 9, 2013

Thanks Stygg - I think I will try and find the aforementioned watch. I'm not sure it will ever be in the condition like yours though! ;)

7. OttawaMan Jul 9, 2013

Ok..help a newb out...which of these is a chrono and how does it work??

8. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2013

This thread is talking about chronometers. There's nothing to operate, it's just a watch that's been rated to be very accurate within chronometer specs (which is -4/+6 seconds a day currently according to COSC). Chronographs have a stopwatch like feature with separate dials to record elapsed minutes & seconds and a large separate second hand.

9. OttawaMan Jul 9, 2013

I need a forehead slap avatar....I knew the difference between a chronograph and a chronometer..just didn't follow the conversation correctly...thanks for giving me a shake.

10. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2013

S'alright.

I frequently give the reference number for a date version when somebody asks what the day/date watch's number is, or vice versa.

11. MKelley Jul 11, 2013

This also may deserve a forehead slap. The advertisement watches have "chronometer certified" on the dial, photos above lack this wording on the dial. Clarification...please:)

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 11, 2013

The watches of the time often came in two versions, ( different reference numbers of course) one a standard caliber, one a chronometer rated.

13. MKelley Jul 11, 2013

Thanks Steve. Looking at the 3 watches above, I thought the middle one was referenced as a chronometer. I see the chronometer certified dial is on the right.

14. dantaspaulo Jul 11, 2013

Can I marry the chrono? ::love::