Forums Latest Members

Forget draw finds try shop windows

1. Fattony Nov 1, 2017

So I have had great success with draw finds as reported hear previously but its still surprises me what is in retail stores
    From the front what appeared to me to be a lovely 1971/72 Speedmaster nearly stopped my heart (thank god for pacemakers!) when I picked it up and saw the case back !
    Bear in mind this watch had been for sale for 6 months in a retail store take a look and see what got my attention and please do spend some time inside your local stores treasure is still around !

Happy hunting
    Tony no Nasa case back.jpg no nasa dial.jpg no nasa.jpg

BenBagbag, watchknut, Kmart and 23 others like this.
  2. EdtheAussie Nov 1, 2017

I wish I had local stores that had watches like this for sale!

I'm guessing some people see all speedmasters alike.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2017

Great find Tony, want a job as my agent :D

Fattony likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 1, 2017

In the early days of the Whiskey revival my friend Todd swore by traveling to small towns across the US and Europe and scouring the dusty shelves for rare bottles. He was quite successful. I’d imagine that is harder now but wonder if it also applies to watches.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. panaitchrono Nov 1, 2017

Before joining this forum I was one of the people who thought that all the speedmaster are the same...:). Now I know a little more but still a lot to learn...

6. Fattony Nov 1, 2017

oh and in case you wondered the pictures were taken on the original moon box case for the commemorative picture set of the moon landing distributed by omega to "special friends" another find that had been overlooked which I thought was really cool and not much money .
    I have really started to like not just the watches but also the merchandise that Omega produced .
    so any one got surplus then please let me know
    cheers Tony

7. jakeh417 Nov 1, 2017

The fear for me is that I am not good enough to determine fair value. I am hoping to learn enough here to find great deals in the future. I try to look everywhere, but when you're not as knowledgeable there is a lot of doubt on your assessment of the watch on the spot.

McKinley likes this.
  8. cvera Nov 1, 2017

My local stores don't carry too many watches. I've checked out the antiques and thrift shops but nothing yet. Doesn't hurt to keep looking and stories like yours show that it's possible.