Forums Latest Members
  1. justbrian55 Feb 7, 2016

Whelp, I took off the Twist o Flex and put on a leather strap ~ erm..the gold buckle doesn't quite match, and a bit undersized (first hole) but as least I can now wear it.
    The watch was near toast getting red paint splashed on me one night leaving my neighbours house sucking down brewskis. (who the heck leaves a can of red paint out on the railing/banister anyway? :confused: )

Small dent (WTH, did he throw it? :) ) on the back, minor scratches on the crystal that looks like can be buffed out?
    I saw some stuff today "Polywatch" some said they had success using on acrylic crystals, assuming it is acrylic.
    lol, it taps with back of fingernail like acrylic sounding.
    A few speckles of red paint yet to remove on the back and crown ~ I was a bit jittery from coffee to try more. :)

I didn't bother opening it for a photo ~ Far chance a jeweler sold my mother (Chris) a franken'mega in 1969
    The watch was at the jewelers getting a clean 'n check when he passed on. A month later she told me I could have it if I paid to get it from the jewelers. So I actually paid a bit over 200 bucks for it.

Under where the strap attaches it says 14k gold, and have been having a hard time pricing it. Any guesses would be most welcome. Info to pass on the the next owner as heirloom would probably help with future Care 'n Feeding. :)

CIMG0927.JPG CIMG0930.JPG CIMG0932.JPG CIMG0933.JPG
    tamura, Ravineman, Etp095 and 4 others like this.
  2. jimdgreat1 Feb 7, 2016

Well unfortunately the engraving ruins any value it would have had. It's a nice every day wearer though. I'll give you $100 if you want.::bleh::

ConElPueblo and arkstfan like this.
  3. jimdgreat1 Feb 7, 2016

Seriously. Beautiful watch. I have no idea on the price.

justbrian55 likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 7, 2016

Not really, it's a nice clean watch and there are people who aren't concerned with engraved casebacks.

The easiest way to determine real value is to look for identical watches sold on eBay. Look for Vintage Omega Seamaster DeVille in Completed Listings.

justbrian55 likes this.
  5. Ravineman Feb 7, 2016

its a beauty ! enjoy it.

justbrian55 likes this.
  6. justbrian55 Feb 7, 2016

Thanks guys. I know engraved is odd aminal :)
    I do have another question.
    Why is it called Automatic when its a winder?
    My old cwap re-dialed poorly, 1953 ish bumper(which quit working the other day) winds itself with movement as the day is long?
    That makes sense. Boink boink changing the date doesn't.
    ~~One more for a cloudy day shoot next. I've a plain Jane case 1925-ish Omega pocket watch. Gold with a dent or two on the side of case, but prolly fun to see, opened up a flapping its wings. :)
    ~getting my butt kicked taking it in for whatever it needs I'm not looking forward to.
    It keeps ok time ~ leave the phone at home and figure the watch right? Gold chain turns to poly-razzma taz thang? meh.

Lol, I've got a '79 Arnex, roses dial, fishing case, inside engraved for stepgrand-dad's 75th birthday I've a poly chain on I've been using in that li'l pocket on my jeans. ~ Perfect but runs fast.
    Surely to use the Omega pocket would do me fine here and there. Raise silk worms and hire an Asian to twist me up a chain? :)

7. jimdgreat1 Feb 7, 2016

I was joking. :oops:

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 8, 2016

There's no joking on this forum!

It's a place where serious watch collectors pontificate for months on the virtues of the script on a 1968 Rolex dial, where the cut and thrust of DON Speedmaster bezel posts is only matched by the endless discussion about the closed 6s and 9s on a UG dial from 1948.

Now be serious!

Or you WILL be banned!

Or you can just post a pic of a cat or cats (preferably in a basket or a ceiling vent) and you are forgiven.

Here is my opening gambit, I call you.

BFOC.JPG

Giff2577 likes this.
  9. jimdgreat1 Feb 8, 2016

Well, no basket. But Matilda does like crawling into small places. 20150824_081556.jpg

Giff2577 and cicindela like this.
  10. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2016

It can be hand wound, but it should wind automatically with the motion of your wrist. It probably is in desperate need of a service so please get the movement cleaned & oiled so you don't wreck it.

11. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2016

Cat logic: if I fits, I sits.

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 8, 2016

10 more points than cats in a basket.

jimdgreat1 likes this.
  13. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 8, 2016

Fur lined underpants! :thumbsup:

Etp095 likes this.
  14. Hijak Feb 8, 2016

But the fur lining has claws!:eek:

15. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 8, 2016

And teeth and a rasping tongue
    You win some you lose some....:whistling:

16. justbrian55 Feb 8, 2016

Thanks ulack, it didn't feel like my bumper watch.
    When I got it around late 2007, it was being held for ransom at the jewelers being serviced. Mom said if I paid the bill I could have it.
    Perhaps they have on record what all was done. I thought it was a clean 'n check or overhaul of sorts.

17. jimdgreat1 Feb 8, 2016

Crap. Just realized I gave you an avatar opportunity.

18. Ravineman Feb 8, 2016

the watch in my avatar was an automatic that I also had to wind, so thanks for clearing it up. Its in for service as it was running a bit fast so I am hoping it becomes an automatic again !

19. justbrian55 Feb 9, 2016

I'm having deja-vu looking again at a gazillion vintage Seamasters again ~
    Maybe I've a fake/frankengold because I can't find one like mine. It gets close but mine has Four gold bars at 12,3,6,9 index position and Two bars at the rest of them, which I've not seen on any others.
    Others stating age of '60-'69 have bald backs (bald backs, lol, shaddup in advance )

Well I'll be, I did find the Omega icon on the crystal. (woot!)

~~~~ And jim d great sitting for #1? :confused:
    kinda funny, but you left off doing the bunny hop .GIF leaving the lew. :)

20. justbrian55 Feb 9, 2016

And wow, the variables in price for this year/similar Seamasters.
    From 2 hunert on up to 16 hunert with a nicer strap. One asking 15 hunert for an engraved one.

If I ever sell it, I'll just try and find a narcissistic Omega fan named Chis. :)