Forums Latest Members

For your viewing pleasure... 5 vintage Omega Watches...!?

1. Bondtana Oct 20, 2013

Hi everybody. I am getting ready to sell a bunch of Omega watches which have accumulated over the years of my family owning a jewelry store, which I recently inherited. I was on this forum last night & learned about how crazy fakes & frankenmegas can get. I have a few here that probably run the gamut of quality & crappiness lol. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out ID'ing these watches and verifying their authenticity or lack thereof. I hope none of you guys are on dial up!

• Omega #1 - Quality Confidence Rating 9/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Omega #2 - Quality Confidence Rating 2/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Omega #3 - Quality Confidence Rating 9/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Omega #4 - Quality Confidence Rating 4/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Omega #5 - Quality Confidence Rating 9/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tire-comedon likes this.
  2. Mathlar Oct 20, 2013

That's a lot of gold!

Others with better trained eyes than me will comment regarding the condition and some of the finer points of the Constellations but I believe there's nothing wrong with watches 2 and 4 which you seem to suspect.

Both appear to be US cased models. The Seamaster De Ville does not have a match on the Omega Vintage database but with a US cased model that's no major concern - 563 calibre is fine for such a watch. The bumper is an attractive none-model Omega with a similar pedigree and likewise no direct hit on the OVDB. Generally less collectible than swiss cased models but with gold cases they have an intrinsic value regardless.

The superflat is interesting... not my cup of tea but really shows the general aims of the dress watch designers of that era!

Bondtana likes this.
  3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Oct 20, 2013

Number 2 has Seamaster on dial but the case back is not waterproof ? What's wrong?

4. Mathlar Oct 20, 2013

Ah ok. I missed the obvious... It looks like a unishell but is a snapback. Likely franken?

5. ulackfocus Oct 20, 2013

What is it with these rating things? ::confused2:: I don't understand how these are ranked - what's the criteria that gives one watch a 9/10 but another only a 4/10?????

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 20, 2013

how confident the OP is of the quality/legitimacy of the watch.

7. Bondtana Oct 20, 2013

Yeah, those are just arbitrary numbers thrown out by someone who doesn't know much about Omega watches.

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 21, 2013

I think these are all fully original watches, with the exception of #2 which is a South American recase with a correct movement and dial. That being said, the case might still be 18K on that one.

#4 is a US national production model and it is highly likely that is was always in that case. The other three watches have Swiss Made cases with Omega case reference numbers.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa