Forums Latest Members

For those that like Functional chronographs, a new design on its way

1. sweets Mar 5, 2022

I was recently (very luckily) allowed by Eddie, the owner of Timefactors, to borrow his first 3 examples of the upcoming Mission Timer chronograph.
    It is powered by the ETA 251.264 movement, which has a central minute totaliser, as well as central seconds, much like the Lemania 5100 (and more recent movements from Sinn and Damasko).
    The case design owes a reasonable amount to the Tutima Bund, and the dial to the NaBo 17 cockpit clock.
    Even given the slightly derivative nature of the design, I think this makes a very compelling design.
    He is releasing 3 versions, which I have reviewed on the Watchgecko magazine site, HERE

[​IMG]

andy_s, KLXN and blufinz52 like this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 5, 2022

right hand wrist watches :thumbsdown:

Larry S likes this.
  3. Ron_W May 11, 2022

Thanks for posting, i rather like these and i am always in support of more central hand chronographs. Pushers on the left sure set these apart and easy to use as a right hander, a thumb is as easy for engaging the chrono as is the index finder. But the 2-minute ordering frame and months of waiting without updates etc is not my thing.
    Similair watch and movement , and in stock ! , is the A-13A pilot watch, if you can do without a Tachy ;

P1000473.JPG

ALEJANDRO BOVONE and sweets like this.
  4. sweets May 11, 2022

I have an A-13A, they are great. I have been on to Pascal a number of times to mkae one with a bezel, but Eddie got there first. I agree about the ordering problems, but I think that Precista is a total winnder of a design.
    Personally, as I wear my watch on my left, Destro watches are fine for me. But to each their own

Ron_W likes this.
  5. Ron_W May 11, 2022

To me as well is what i meant, wearing a destro on the left wrist is still very easy to operate. I traded my A-13A ( great watch ) and got me a Tutima with lemania 5100 in a "clean dial" version :) but with a date window. I was with the first 75 and got Paolo some publicity for his automatic, but sadly that one didnt fly. Hopefully these will go well for Eddy, he makes good watches.

20211124_142552.jpg

6. andy_s May 13, 2022

I'm very interested in this one, I think it'll be hot cakes. Pretty much everything lined up with what I would like but at a really good price compared to 'old faithful'.
    I'll end up scavenging one as I'll probably miss the bus, but as a practical/functional center minute it's bang on.
    --
    For info there is an immaculate 17C up on MWR at the moment [no connection] which was of course the progenitor of this new PRS-56, as Dave mentions in his article.

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 13, 2022

Sub-second dial at 12? Reminds me of contemporary artists who try a bit too hard to produce "original" works.

8. Ron_W May 13, 2022

It ended up at 12 from turning the movemt 180 degrees to make it lefty i think ?

andy_s likes this.
  9. sweets May 16, 2022

But if you look at pictures of the NaBo 17 cockpit clock it is based on, it has exactly that, sub-seconds at 12.
    So not original really, it is exactly as intended, and previously seen

[​IMG]

Mark020, Ron_W and Tony C. like this.
  10. size11s Can’t bat, can’t bowl May 17, 2022

Being a leftie the sub secs at 12 appears 'normal' to my eye and immediately makes sense and doesn't cause even a split second of quizzical thought, but perhaps that says something about my brain. Anyway, I think it's a great watch and given the extreme gestation period I am glad it is. Like others though I will won't be participating in the Sunday scrum and shall scavenge a used morsel from some source or other later, hopefully.