Forums Latest Members

For those still waiting for Speedy Tuesd, check this fascinating video, get yourself educated...

1. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Sep 7, 2017

For those still waiting, check out this fascinating video, get yourself educated...

::facepalm1::

R3D9 likes this.
  2. abrod520 Sep 7, 2017

Well that's the thing, what to him looks like "just another limited-edition Speedmaster that they threw on #SpeedyTuesday" contains a whole bunch of fun little details that make Speedmaster nerds (not watch nerds; Speedmaster nerds) giddy. It's fine if he's not deep into Speedmasters, but it seems like he missed the point altogether

3. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Sep 7, 2017

Given his demeanour, speaking style and apparent knowledge/understanding, I'd be worried if he was unconditionally endorsing the ST - would make me cast doubt on my judgement that it's 100% 'right' and the wait is going to be worth it once I finally pick mine up.

R3D9 and Tet like this.
  4. R3D9 Sep 7, 2017

Quite literally the worst watch-related BS artist on the web. If you're looking for a good laugh, have a peek at the watches he has for sale.

He sells watches with varying degrees of cosmetic defects at a 20-40% premium over anywhere else on the web. He rarely discloses issues (see his "good condition, regular fading" description of the dial on the Enicar or the "small crack description for the bezel of the Aquastar) and never shows images of the movements.

It makes me sad that so many new to watches get drawn in by someone like this.

kov, Tet, Drawarms and 1 other person like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 7, 2017

Less than 30 seconds to fark up and call the Vintage Seamaster he's wearing a pie pan dial .........

image.gif

lando likes this.
  6. repoman Sep 7, 2017

I'm going back to watching Archie

7. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2017

Well... That is one way to suck all the air out of a room....... Kind of sad, and just disappointing....

More he talks , you realize he knows less and less.....

Good hunting
    Bill Sohne

lando, tyrantlizardrex, R3D9 and 3 others like this.
  8. No.15 Sep 7, 2017

I am relatively new to the scene and speedmasters are not my interest and even I felt like he was full of it. Like someone gave him the watch 5 minutes before the shoot and said "here make something up".

9. Rman Sep 7, 2017

I watched this guy once and felt like I had been slipped an Adderall.

Which led me to pour a dram.

abrod520 and R3D9 like this.
  10. Watchmutt Sep 7, 2017

Roflao

11. dialstatic Sep 8, 2017

Who is this guy and why should we care about his opinion? The ST even got a thumbs up from AskMen's notoriously curmudgeonly Watch Snob (who, unlike this fellow, actually knows a helluva lot about watches):

"I don’t mind the Speedy Tuesday Speedmaster at all, and quite honestly, I think it’s no more implausible to design a watch around a tradition established on the Internet than it is to design a watch around anything else. Taken on its own, it’s an attractive watch (I’ve been occasionally wishing for legible-in-the-dark subdials on a Speedmaster for years, by the way) and I didn’t read it as a celebration of a hashtag per se, as much as a thank you to the online community that’s supported Omega and the Speedmaster for many, many years. It could be much, much worse, believe me"

Source: https://www.askmen.com/style/watch_snob/the-watch-snob-s-favorite-watch-to-wear.html

12. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Sep 8, 2017

That's weird how this became is own thread, only posted it on the main thread for a bit of a laugh as couldn't believe how bad it was. Wouldn't have thought it thread worthy but there we go, it's somehow spawned one.

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 8, 2017

If we are talking odd voice and funny reviews

Off topic but enjoyed the last few minutes when he is lost for words

14. kov Trüffelschwein. Sep 8, 2017

So, guys, who's got his Long Live #SpeedyTuesday T-shirt? :D

15. abrod520 Sep 8, 2017

Love this one, he bashes Omega for what he perceives to be a cynical cash grab, then decides to make money on someone else's creation because "people want our graphic artist's art"

PhilN and kov like this.
  16. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Sep 8, 2017

If only he would hake a cardigan version:D

kov likes this.
  17. CTS-V Sep 8, 2017

^^^^^".....man on the phucking moon you phucker!!!!!..."

18. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Sep 8, 2017

Am I the only one who continues to think that watching this is not only a waste of my time, but also one +1 on a views' counter that really isn't worth anything beyond subzero? "I believe in 2012", it must really be quite hard to figure out what year it was five years ago.

Not a problem in its own right, although it is a good example of how accumulating views on Social Platforms can bear absolutely no relationship to any achievement or expertise, whatsoever.

Right, time to open Moonwatch Only and relax a little with some more factual Speedy statements... :)

19. R3D9 Sep 8, 2017

This review is an absolute masterpiece :D

So many great catchphrases, but Fractal of Suck is just too good.

Thanks for sharing this one :thumbsup:

blunosr and STANDY like this.
  20. tyrantlizardrex Sep 8, 2017

dialstatic likes this.