Forums Latest Members

For the small wristed...

1. watch3s Mar 24, 2018

So I wore my 16710 today, and the issue came back. I have considered all the alternatives and really don't want to go have a permanent link removed at RSC. Has any one ever experimented or tinkered with their rolex bracelet/clasp? Any one know what kind of pin that is that holds the fliplock together, is it a pressure rivet that can be separated easily? or does rolex have a tool for steel forming that makes it permanent at the flip lock. Im know the most comfortable configuration for me is 4 links, clasp and 6 on the other but would hate to destroy the oyster bracelet in anyway. how do others with smaller wrists manage? Leather strap? everest? Thanks for all opinions and thoughts.

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 24, 2018

What issue are you referring to? Is it that the clasp is digging into your wrist?

3. watch3s Mar 24, 2018

currently its in the 5 links clasp 5 links configuration, and the position of the clasp is a little further. will update with pictures as I have a temporary solution in place currently as i continue to source a clasp

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. watch3s Mar 24, 2018

@blufinz52

here is my gmt master 2 with the temporary clasp I've sourced, its more comfortable for the configuration.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is my explorer 2 with its original clasp on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is my tudor sub on an aftermarket since the original was the folded steel and i didn't want to mess with it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

on that aftermarket clasp, I managed to use a watch case opening knife and opened that rivet pin on the flip lock to remove a link. Found out it was a friction/pressure rivet that can be replaced if necessary. Now on an aftermarket bracelet, I have no hesitation to take pliers/cutters to tear a link off/mess with the flip lock rivet etc. But on the official oyster I am very reluctant to try. curious if @Archer has any suggestions for that pin replacement or if he knows how that pin is. The clasp location literally only moves a few centimeters, but the comfort level varies so much.