Forums Latest Members

For the same price... Would you take...

1. Fost May 21, 2016

This
    image.jpeg

Or this
    image.jpeg
    ?
    Would be interesting to see other example of iconic watch from different brand that stay on the same price range, but from your collection, and asked OF members about their choice!
    (For exemple by asking myself about the two watches above, I realise that for the same price there is one very common watch... And another with for me is really much more interesting...but personal opinion..)

2. sky21 May 21, 2016

I prefer the Connie, but that's just me as I'm not a fan of the cyclops lens on the Rolex.

3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 21, 2016

The Rolex for me.

4. Greatpa May 21, 2016

R:)LE::psy::

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 21, 2016

Depends what else you have around. I like the connie better on that pic, but I'd probably wear the rolex more.

I know, makes no sense.

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 21, 2016

Rolex. The Omega, nice as it is, just doesn't appeal.

7. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 21, 2016

The Constellation. It's a most iconic watch and fine vintage specimens are harder and harder to come by.
    As beautiful as the Datejust is, you can find one like that again and again.
    Just my two, non-expert, cents.

8. Fost May 21, 2016

I think we all have a different view and that is why vintage watches are so amazing...
    Anyone else for another test?

9. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying May 21, 2016

Rolex DJ doesn't appeal to me at all.

10. ViaAppia May 21, 2016

I'd have to go with the Connie, looks better in my opinion but more than that it just has more personality

OMGRLX likes this.
  11. Longitude May 21, 2016

I prefer the Conie, but also depends on the size: the Rolex size is ok for "modern" usage, if the Omega is smaller than 38mm I would not use it. Ever. And what is is a watch that you are not confident using around?.

12. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn May 21, 2016

Rolie...not a pie pan guy

13. Deckard81 May 21, 2016

Well, it depends on the price... Looks aside, b+p, condition, original strap/bracelet... I prefer the DJ for sure but some vintage omegas are more appealing to me regardless of price.
    I know that's not what you've asked but if I had both in my watch box I'd probably wear the omega more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 21, 2016

Connie for me

Does not give you much Latitude for many vintage watches

::rimshot::

Willem023, ahartfie, noelekal and 2 others like this.
  15. dougiedude Carpe horologium! May 21, 2016

If the Connie were in stainless, I'd definitely take it!

rcs914 likes this.
  16. dougiedude Carpe horologium! May 21, 2016

Bring it on!

17. alam May 21, 2016

put my name on this camp too; between those two I'd go with the Connie :coffee:

noelekal likes this.
  18. ulackfocus May 21, 2016

As the previous owner of several of each of those watches, the definitive answer is the hidden crown Constellation.

..... for me, that is.

OMGRLX likes this.
  19. ViaAppia May 21, 2016

38mm as a size barrier, like STANDY said, is going to severely limit what vintage watches you can wear. Besides I've seen some 36mm vintage pieces that look bigger than 39mm ones just because of the style ie. more dial. And if a watch looks better (once again my opinion) that should give you more than enough confidence in it, plus other people will notice it and more than likely appreciate it as well - if that's your concern.

OMGRLX likes this.
  20. GBTRIUMPH May 21, 2016

I don't know how many people know this, but about 85% of all households in America (that's what we call the U.S.A.) have diamonds.
    If diamonds are so rare, why does everyone have one? Rolexii are like diamonds. Everyone who has one claims they are precious and rare.
    When in reality they are not. There are Rolex watches everywhere (at least here in DFW-land) to be had new and used. Try to find a used Longines at the same jewelers as you find all the Rolexii. They'll even tell you they rarely see them. In the next breath they'll also admit the Longines are as reliable as a rock and people don't let go of them easily. I vote for supply and demand eventually suppressing the "irrational exuberance" of the Rolex market.
    Constellation for me. It is classy, distinctive, and FAR less pedestrian than the Rolex.

OMGRLX, plowjockey and noelekal like this.