Forums Latest Members

Football (Soccer) and the underdog.

1. Spike May 17, 2016

On Saturday 21st May at 5.30pm (GMT), my football team Crystal Palace will try and overturn the odds and beat the global money machine that is Manchester United in the oldest football completion in the world, the FA Cup final.

For those here that are passionate about their sport I’m sure you can relate to what I’m going through………..I can barely eat, I can’t sleep and my stomach is doing more flips and turns that a gymnast on speed, and this is something I’m supposed to be looking forward to!

My team has only ever managed one FA Cup final before since the club was formed in 1905, that was 26 years ago against……Manchester United. We lost after a replay, something that doesn’t happen these days, if we do hold on to the end it will be decided with a penalty shootout to decide the winners.

We may not be the best team but anyone who cares to watch on Saturday will see 28,000 Palace fans sing and support their club to the bitter end regardless of the score……give it a watch guys, we need all the help and positive vibes we can get.:)

As we say in these parts……...SOUTH LONDON AND PROUD.:thumbsup:

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. Bill Shankly

khmt2, Northernman and DJM74 like this.
  2. lillatroll May 17, 2016

Hope Crystal Palace beat the scum, Alan Padrew is a top manager and every non man u fan wants the scum to lose. Trying not to think about tomorrow night although I am quietly confident that Liverpool will smash Seville, as long as the attacking version of the team turn up and not the undecided/can't be arsed team. Then it will be Wales to win the Euros, mainly because I have a bet on them at 80/1 so they are bound to win :thumbsdown:

Spike likes this.
  3. Spike May 17, 2016

Ahh, the old Liverpool / Man utd hatred coming through nicely there:thumbsup:

4. cristos71 May 17, 2016

Nice tactic, playing the underdog. I'd say CP are favourites, non?

I've never seen United snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so many times as this and last season.

Anyway, C'mon Man U! ::bleh::

VanDamme likes this.
  5. Spike May 17, 2016

Really?............what little old Crystal Palace favourites against mighty Manchester United........?

Have you been drinking that lubricating oil again;)

6. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs May 17, 2016

I was Palace all the way,would like to see Pardew get the FA cup that was snatched from him by Liverpool in 2006 (Gerrard goal ):(
    but........as a Hammer I'm now torn as a Manc win will give us European football in our new stadium :)

shaun hk and DJM74 like this.
  7. Spike May 17, 2016

Yep, I can forgive you, European football in the Olympic stadium would be great for you guys (he says through gritted teeth)

Let's just hope that it's a good game.................and Palace win:)

shaun hk and DJM74 like this.
  8. sliceoftime_ May 18, 2016

As you can see my picture, it's from a United kit. So I'll be supporting my team considering the low quality of last few seasons we have been having since Sir Alex left.

Congratulations on Palace on making it to the final though, great achievement!

Spike likes this.
  9. shaun hk Fairy nuffer May 18, 2016

Another WHU fan here and while I hate the idea of manure lifting the cup, especially after the goal against us in the quarter finals that should never have been allowed, I am still not torn. I want West Ham in the European cup, so sorry, I will be supporting mu.

immustard likes this.