Forums Latest Members
  1. d4uk Dec 30, 2014

After my recent foray into Omega ownership with my Mark II Speedmaster - I've found myself looking fondly at the flight master...

Not knowing a huge deal about them is there anything to be aware off..? does the GMT complication add much more complexity or issues with servicing?

Are most of all of the models out there likely to be genuine - or are they often faked?

If I was to have just 1 - should I be looking at trying to get the Mk1 910 movement (with the AM PM dial)
    or better to try and get a good 911 movement as after all they're more common.. if common can be used.

Lastly any ideas on how much GBP £ to expect to pay for one as I've seen a few around the £1k mark which would need a service up to £3k for those looking like NOS

Thanks in advance.

Edited Dec 30, 2014
  2. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 31, 2014

Service: difference will be not that much
    Faked: hardly
    Price: really depends on the quality and who you are buying from

3. SwissZ Dec 31, 2014

I would get the 910, more appreciated and the dial is more colorful. I have never seen a fake FM.

Servicing, the movement is quite complicated and if you go the Bienne route prepare to pay close to 600 gbp for full service. Stay clear of non runners and when you buy, see the case, edges need to be sharp and finish needs to be there, otherwise it will be expensive to bring back to its original glory.

2k and a bit more should get you a nice serviced example with proper case finish

4. d4uk Jan 1, 2015

thanks for the info...

where the yellow chrono hands available as an option on the 910 and even so am i wasting my time holding out for one of these over the regular red/orange hands?

5. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 2, 2015

yes, they were

[​IMG]

Dogmann and dsio like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 2, 2015

Nice pair mate

7. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 3, 2015

yes also like to look at them, how ever I do not wear them. Pretty heavy stuff hanging on the arm :D

8. d4uk Jan 4, 2015

hi Base1000 they're stunning...
    let me know if you want to sell that 910