Forums Latest Members

WTB Flightmaster And Speedmaster Mk3

1. char1ie Mar 8, 2013

Hi all,

First post on this forum having been recommended the site by a long term member. I'm looking for a decent condition Flightmaster and a Speedmaster Mk3. Will consider anything but prefer good condition, serviced, etc. UK only, and I am based in London.

Thanks all,

Charlie

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2013

Welcome Charlie, I hope you find what you're after, if anyone contacts you with a watch that you're unsure of, feel free to ask people to verify the seller before moving forward with any transaction.

3. char1ie Mar 10, 2013

Thanks ;-) Will do.

Charlie

4. FreelanceWriter Apr 10, 2013

Thanks to this forum, a buyer and a seller got lucky. Ever since I picked up the Grail in my avatar, I've meant to sell my 911 because I never wear it. It's the nicest one I ever saw for sale but it's a lotta money to have tied up in a paperweight...and a paperweight that would eventually have needed a $600+ service. Once in a while, I checked the WTB forum over at WUS and a few weeks ago, I just did the wider search on Google, which led me to this thread here. Registered and PM'd Char1ie about my 911. We agree on a price and I dropped it off with a local friend of his in NY yesterday. Very mixed feelings about selling it just because I liked looking at it so much on my desk, but I've always found the most unique feature useless for a right-handed person: namely, the internal bezel. Nearly impossible to operate without taking it off and I used the 2nd TZ-hand so rarely that I just kept it hidden under the hour hand. His friend isn't a watch personand had to take my word for everything (including being authentic because there are no fake 40 year-old FMs), but this is the watch he'll be receiving,minus the 1162 that I recently sold on my Mark 4.5. This one's on a generic mesh and included the original dial, spare NOS hr/mn hands, and set of yellow chrono hands from ofrei. Thanks forum and thanks Char1ie for a perfect transaction.

frontclose1.jpg 2buttonside.jpg pusherside1.jpg
  5. char1ie Jul 7, 2013

Thanks Charles for a great watch. Bought via a friend in New York and now in London it is just what I wanted and exactly as described.

Charlie