Forums Latest Members
  1. pocketchange Jun 6, 2017

145.026 Flight Master (Crystal) Gasket G281-184 (2 needed) Black or White

2. FreelanceWriter Jun 6, 2017

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 6, 2017

There is a want to buy forum in the Sales section. Of course, you need 200 posts or special permission to post there. Either way, this isn't the place for your thread.

4. wwhntr Jun 6, 2017

Have you tried contacting Otto Frei? Don't think it's listed on website.

Genuine Omega Crystal Gaskets, Order by Case Number
    Most Omega Crystal gaskets are assigned the product code prefix number 098 in front of the rest of the part number listed in the Omega published Red Book of Case Numbers and Case Parts Numbers. All Omega crystal gaskets with the prefix code of 098 and 298 in front of the part number are $20.00 each.
    Click order below and in the order comments section during the checkout tells us the Omega case number you found inside the case back after you opened the watch. Once you click order and give us the case number we will either ship out from stock or get the correct gasket for you within 3-4 weeks.

http://www.ofrei.com/page990.html

OME-CRYGAS-098

5. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2017

I am amazed that members here actually take their time to help out someone whose first post on a forum is worded like this. Nice guys @wwhntr and @FreelanceWriter :thumbsup:

Davidt and Nathan1967 like this.
  6. wwhntr Jun 7, 2017

Thanks for kind remarks ConElPueblo! Personally I don't think it should matter whether OP has 1 post or 1000. I believe if we want to make this forum an inviting place, newcomers should feel welcome not alienated by short or rude remarks!!!!

Although my resources are sometimes limited, I enjoy "the hunt"! On the other side, I've needed help and will probably be there again someday.

ICONO and ConElPueblo like this.
  7. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2017

Your intentions are to be applauded :)

I am still a bit upset that someone barges in like the OP, especially as he isn't allowed WTBs yet.

8. wwhntr Jun 7, 2017

I completely understand the purpose/need for rules, but we were all first time posters at one time. Besides, I took OP as asking for help locating part.

ICONO and ConElPueblo like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 7, 2017

I'm with you, a part needed should be ok
    ( also with @ConElPueblo as a hello and please goes a long way )

ICONO, wwhntr and Davidt like this.
  10. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2017

Seeing that he already has the parts no. he most likely already know of where to locate it online... But I agree with you, indeed we were all first time posters once :oops:

@pocketchange - stick around for a while and let us get to know you! :)

wwhntr likes this.
  11. FreelanceWriter Jun 7, 2017

Thanks, but your opinion of me might change substantially after this, because I'm even more amazed that anybody could possibly take offense at the way the OP worded his first post or that anybody could characterize his starting his own thread (especially in a forum specifically titled Vintage Omega Watches Help, Discussion and Advice) as "barging in" anywhere. That strikes me as being ridiculously over-sensitive. The guy simply asked for help finding a watch part in a forum populated by people who might have that info. IMO, it's not necessary to post a personal "introduction" on a forum before asking for help. Reasonable minds and sensibilities might very well differ on that point, but in that case, I'd imagine that someone who disagrees could simply ignore the post and refrain from responding to provide assistance. Chastising the OP for his style (or commenting pejoratively on it) strikes me as being much closer to rudeness than the brevity and straightforwardness of the OP's first post. (Some people don't like or need small talk and we might even be of the opinion that it's somewhat patronizing versus simply asking our question exactly the way the OP did.)

My first-ever post here was a few years ago and for the specific purpose of selling my Flightmaster. I didn't introduce myself first, either: I just posted a description of the watch with pictures and indicated that I was interested in selling it. Another member contacted me to buy the watch and both of us were thrilled with the transaction that this forum made possible. People differ in their communication styles and expectations, which is perfectly fine, as long as you don't impose your styles, sensibilities, or expectations on others. To me, that's rude.

(Please note that none of the above relates to the issue of rules requiring certain kinds of posts in specific forums. That was obviously an innocent mistake on the part of the OP and one that I may or may not have made as well a few years ago if the same rule was then in effect.)

12. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2017

Oh yes, I am pretty rude. I am also known for never helping out new members or contributing to this forum in any way. Don't go PM'ing me for advice or ask if I could evaluate a potential purchase (or ten) - I just won't help you, never. This is really just one of the thousands of times where I have been extremely rude to someone, go have a look through my post history.

13. FreelanceWriter Jun 7, 2017

I wasn't commenting about you personally or about your history on the forum, just about your specific response to the OP in this particular thread. I didn't say that you were rude; what I said was simply that commenting pejoratively on the manner in which the OP requested assistance strikes me as being closer to rudeness than his original post. However, your third sentence above sounds quite personal, as well as somewhat hostile and, frankly, downright vindictive. Frankly, my experience (both on forums and in life) is that this isn't really all that unusual among those who overemphasize formal rules of superficial politeness.

ICONO likes this.
  14. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2017

I give up.

Nice seeing that you are contributing more on OF @FreelanceWriter, hope to see more of your helpful posts around here :thumbsup:

15. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 7, 2017

[​IMG]

16. Nathan1967 Jun 8, 2017

Seems to me, judging by his post and response that Pocket Change is exactly the value that the original poster has applied to the information provided!
    IMG_4912.JPG

watchyouwant likes this.
  17. FreelanceWriter Jun 8, 2017

No problem. If someone asks for help in a manner that you believe is impolite, please just ignore his request and simply refrain from providing the assistance he requests if you're so inclined; but please understand that not everybody necessarily shares your sensibilities and definition of "politeness" and that others might have no objection whatsoever to the way the request is worded and might choose to provide the assistance requested without any problem. Thank you.

18. Nathan1967 Jun 8, 2017

Ok, shall we leave it there, move on and agree to disagree then?

All the best

Nathan

wwhntr likes this.
  19. FreelanceWriter Jun 8, 2017

OK, but only if you say "please." ;)

20. default Dec 22, 2017

Im reading the threads on here for some time now and also noticed that sometimes replies have a quite aggressive tone. for instance, if someone asks for purchasing advice he gets all kinds of helpful information of how to buy/find a good watch for a good price but if a fresh member asks of how much his inherited watch is worth currently he gets some kind of reply like "put it on ebay and you'll see what you get" instead of a rough estimate and a short explanation of what he has got. this makes me said, as I think that both questions deserve a helpful answer and there is a lot to be learned by all sorts of questions

Edited Dec 22, 2017