Forums Latest Members
  1. pknopp Nov 17, 2012

I will admit.....I love to bottom feed. I make decent money but it's a bit of a hobby to get stuff (motorcycles, watches, computers) buying and selling. Never a word from the wife spending $800 when she never knew I had it in the first place. :D

I bought this watchmakers chest at the local flea market today. 290 total vintage watch bands. 16 mens and 35 womens gold filled bands. Those on top are all name brand marked clasps. Bulova, etc. The watch on the left is a vintage Hamilton automatic. On the right a quartz Jules Jurgensen. The Hamilton works great.

I won't even mention what I paid. There are like 3 China bands. Rest are mostly U.S., British Hong Kong, a few Japan and a few West Germany.

Nothing super high dollar but there is a Rolex crown.
    001 (1024x593).jpg

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 17, 2012

Nice find :thumbsup:

3. Wheels Nov 17, 2012

No Omega GP beads of rice with 18mm end pieces perhaps? :)

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 17, 2012

I like the look of that chest ( always been a chest man :rolleyes:) Occasionally buy watches on the bay purely for the bracelet /strap and some real deals to be done, strange how many people focus only on the watch.

5. smithrjd Nov 17, 2012

I as well have bought an entire watch just for the band. If they are marked with a good maker, J B Champion etc there will be a market for decent band. Of course Brand labeled on the clasp is even better. Nice find. I restore older British motorcycles as well, and have bought entire motorcycles just to get a few rare bits.

6. pknopp Nov 17, 2012

Still a novice and I suppose I am not an expert on what is high quality or not but I still get into the ones made in the U.S. Seems most of those are Kreisler

Many are Speidel but they make a good usable band.

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 17, 2012

Now that is where you are lucky with motorcycles, one of my other interests is British sports cars and so many have given in to the dreaded rot that only a brush and shovel are required to move them.

8. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 17, 2012

This is one of the finds, early sixties, offered £50 not long ago but decided to hold.
    [​IMG]

9. smithrjd Nov 17, 2012

I've done the sportscars as well, mostly MG's and Triumphs. Being on the left coast of the US the rot is not to bad. I did have one TR3A that was for the most part rot free, but did not have a single straight panel without bondo.

10. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 17, 2012

Here in "Bonnie Scotland" they often had the rust before they left the showroom.