Forums Latest Members
  1. --Alex-- Dec 31, 2019

Thank you, SpeedyPhill.

<<The first hours that went into outer space with cosmonaut Alexei Leonov on June 12, 1965, were Strela (3017). They were intended, like the "Shturmanskie" only for the command staff of the Air Force. The watch was attached to the sleeve of the spacesuit. The clock mechanism was on 19 jewels, had a single-hand stopwatch and a 45-minute minute counter. These watches were actively used by cosmonauts until the end of the 70s.>>

https://kingowatch.livejournal.com/19163.html

Edited Dec 31, 2019
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jan 5, 2020

I still have to see a clear photo or video footage still showing a Strela "Arrow" chronograph on the outside of the Berkut spacesuits used by Voskhod-2 cosmonauts Alexei Leonov and Pavel Belyayev in March 1965...
    Walkout photos don't show watches on the outside of the Berkut spacesuit (Photo: TASS/RosCosmos)...
    nor do I see any wristwatch on the outside of the Berkut suit in the High Definition spacewalk video
    1965_03_LeonovBelyayev.jpg

I only see straps over the gloves but no wristwatch, nor on the forearm of the Berkut spacesuit...
    We can conclude the Strela "Arrow" chronograph wristwatch was worn underneath the Berkut spacesuit as we only see these 33 mm white cream dial watches on cosmonauts' wrists during recovery TV footage...
    Slides 66 and 67 of my lecture I have been giving for the last 20 years+
    67_MWU.jpg
    66_MoonwatchUniverse.jpg

Edited Jan 5, 2020
    JimJupiter and Omegafanman like this.
  3. --Alex-- Jan 6, 2020

Please, see 20-23 sec.