Forums Latest Members
  1. Euxinus Jul 5, 2015

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forums. I purchased this watch on Monday and i got it this last Friday that passed. I am wondering what peoples opinions of this watch are, and was also looking for an appraisal of the watch.

Some details about the watch;

Solid 18k gold case and back
    Caliber 712 movement - 24 jewels
    Omega brown crocodile leather strap
    The omega buckle is gold plated.

The "swiss made" is not really visible in the photos as the angles are wrong but its there, and also maybe the last "n" in constellation may not appear to visible in the photos but its also there.

IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0552.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0557.JPG omega 1.PNG omega 2.PNG
  2. Mothra Jul 5, 2015

hi, welcome to the forum! I cant make any of the dial photos come up on my phone, so working from thumbnails only I can't comment on the originality of the dial.

This style of watch isn't in high demand like the pie pan or c-shape connies, and the 712 ultra thin movement doesn't seem to be as popular as the cal 5xx and cal 75x movements. From a positive point of view I guess this makes it less likely that this watch is a redial.

I have a couple of 712s and I think they make lovely classy dress watches. If you paid a good price you should wear this one proudly. If you paid too much you should probably wear it proudly(but maybe lie a bit about what you paid).

Did it come with any service history, as the movement looks dirty to me...

JohnSteed likes this.
  3. Euxinus Jul 5, 2015

I paid much less than what a 18k pie pan would sell for, the seller claims the watch was serviced before being sold but I think I will hand this over to my watch maker for cleaning and servicing. I have compared the dial to others on the internet and I can not find any signs of it being redialed. Thanks for the input, my next purchase will be a solid 18k pie pan, but that will be in a couple years when i finish my chemical engineering degree and get my first paycheck as a chemical engineer ( to mark that glorious moment).

GoldenHour and noelekal like this.
  4. SeanO Jul 5, 2015

I"m surprised Dennis hasn't been along. the 712 is a wonderful movement and the watch is a great example. It may be a little "dated" but it still looks like a great watch. with a service and some real care about how you store/wear it you should get years of service from it.

NFW!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 5, 2015

Love that satin dial ::love::

6. GoldenHour Jul 5, 2015

Great looking watch, not soothing you see everyday. Enjoy wearing it.