Forums Latest Members
  1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! May 23, 2014

I think its a good looking watch and I also think you wear it well :)

can someone tell me what's going on with the upside down Omega symbol here...is this the work of Beelzebub himself?

image.jpg
  2. stefpix May 23, 2014

Thanks. I overall like it, although I wish it was 35mm - a tad larger. That is a mirror photo so the watch appears upside down

citizenrich likes this.
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! May 23, 2014

I think that watch looks good on your wrist. Don't fall victim to buyers remorse. And, fret not, you're in good company: most guys are surprised at the small scale of most vintage wristwatches.

If your next target is a vintage chronograph, you're going to be stepping up in size whether you want to or not…hahaha. Save for a few vintage chrono's (mostly, in-house stuff) most vintage chronos built around Valjoux 22's and up, all Venus', and most Landeron's are in the the 35mm to 38,5mm range. They also sit up a little higher on the wrist. Basically, vintage chrono's are "meatier" and wear like modern dress watches.

4. stefpix Jun 12, 2014

Archer

thanks. The seller gave me a 30 $ discount. So I ended up paying 150.

I took it to DMB watch station and they made an estimate of $250 to fix the movement, clean, oil and put an original Omega crown. They offered a free polishing, but I said I want to leave the case as it is. I should pick it up tomorrow.

I like the blue in the indices.

Regarding the 32mm Geneve, I put a dark brown alligator pattern flat band and it looks better (even larger). I cleaned the crystal with Polywatch and it really worked out well. The dial looks so much crispier.

thanks for the help.

stefano