Forums Latest Members
  1. DDK Oct 18, 2013

Hey newbie here just thought I'd share my first Omega Vintage with you guys. Late 70's constellation quartz with a black dial. I picked this up in Greece over the summer. I found it at a jeweler that my family has history with going back several generations. I noticed a few older looking watches he had on display. I asked if they were trade ins and he explained that they were not but they were left over stock that has never moved. I was skeptical at first but it was in mint condition and the original price tag in drachmas was still on it from what looked like a long time ago. I am the first owner of a watch from the 70's.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 18, 2013

Congrats to find the New Old Stock. It's always thrilling. I like the case and dial design, not so much on quartz movt.
    Anyway it is still a very nice daily wearer.

3. DDK Oct 18, 2013

Thanks! I was drawn to the dial and it's coloring right away. I agree about the quartz which is why I wear it more frequently otherwise I'd be terrified to scratch a new 35 year old piece. I may buy the other one he had on display next year When I go back for vacation.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 18, 2013

do you happen to have pictures of the others? Once I found several omega NOS in a store in Jeddah. Unfortunately all comes from 80's, not known for good designs.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 19, 2013

Very nice catch :thumbsup:

Some of the purists may not like quartz, but as a daily wearer, and a NOS saved from an unknown fate, a big BZ on your new watch.

Cheers

Jim

PS: Let's know when it goes on the FS forum ;)

6. Dablitzer Oct 19, 2013

Agreed, that's a nice find. I like nice finds. :thumbsup:

7. DDK Oct 19, 2013

Private7: I do not have pics of the other but from what I remember its a round Connie from the 60's with a red strap. He also had a pocket watch from much earlier. If I were to walk in now after having read through this forum I probably would have bought both!!!
    To give you an idea this guys grandfather was my great grandfathers jeweler. His grandfather and my grandfather saved each other's lives once in WW2 and once with the commies in the civil war. He has a little museum in the back of his shop.
    Now that I am slightly more Knowledgable I will walk in much more informed next year as to the other watches available... And post pics on here of his other vintage pieces!!!

Privateday7 likes this.
  8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 19, 2013

Way to go........ you couldn't be wrong to get round Connie from 60's.....hope it's also a NOS.
    Having a very trustable source is a prized gift.