Forums Latest Members
  1. Hewlett78 Aug 1, 2018

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right place to post this sort of question (bear with me, I'm new). I'm looking at purchasing my first vintage Omega watch and would appreciate some advice as to one in particular that I've got my eye on.

Does this look genuine and a nice example of an Omega Seamaster? I personally really love the style. I've read a thread about over polishing and wondered whether this was a prime example of it. Any advice you can give would be really appreciated.

$_58.JPG $_58 (5).JPG $_58 (4).JPG $_58 (3).JPG $_58 (2).JPG $_58 (1).JPG $_58.JPG

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 1, 2018

Pictures are hiding how sharp the edges are. The bottom right one seems suspiciously soft ie over polished.

Just a 1020 early 80’s? Piece. Not bad not very valuable currently.

Dan S likes this.
  3. Hewlett78 Aug 1, 2018

Thanks for the reply Foo. I'm going to ask the seller for some better photos.

When you say not very valuable, what would be a reasonable price to pay for it would you say?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 1, 2018

Decent looking dial in pictures but less then $400. Even then you might not like it on your wrist. Anything smaller then 36mm is going to look small in that style.

Stick around. Learn about these and I bet you might find something you like better then that piece which I wager they want 700 plus for.

5. Hewlett78 Aug 1, 2018

It's actually £320 (so about $420) which strikes me as not being that unreasonable

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 1, 2018

At that price you could wear it and enjoy it, personally it's too polished and as already noted not a particularly desirable piece.

Be patient and learn a little before jumping in.

Read this for a good primer on starting out:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/learn-how-to-fish.52603/

Hewlett78 and Dan S like this.