Forums Latest Members
  1. CwS90 May 27, 2015

omega_122.jpg omega_131.jpg omega_3.jpg Hi everyone, I've recently been given a vintage Omega Seamaster (1966 gold cap cal.552)as a wedding present... and now I'm completely hooked on vintage watches! After reading through endless threads on Omegas I finally built up the courage to get involved! Please feel free to give me your thoughts on this watch, good and bad all welcome! I'm not interested in the value of the piece as it's completely sentiment but would like to one day pick up a clean example of a back dial constellation as I do think they are simply stunning. So ill definitely be spending a lot of my time on this forum learning as much as I can. Thanks in advance for any comments!

2. repoman May 27, 2015

Welcome to OF, and my condolences... Being bitten by the vintage bug brings on serious complications. I feel fortunate that vintage doesn't really appeal to me, because I would be hopelessly lost in the minefield out there. Lots of great people here and plenty of expertise to draw upon. Now, to your question, knowing nothing about vintage... I think the watch is beautiful, congratulations.

3. CwS90 May 27, 2015

I truly have been bitten! Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated!

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 27, 2015

Lol, black dialled Connies!
    Very hard to find an original one. They are (now) highly sought after, but it really wasn't fashionable back in the 50s/60s. So most of what you will find now are "redials". Original slab of metal, repainted black by a kindergarten kid, or by an adult at 2am, with the lights out after a full bottle of wine. Look at our "worst redials" thread for some examples!

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 27, 2015

6. CwS90 May 27, 2015

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to have a read. I've been looking through the 'worst redails' thread and some of the workmanship is nothing less than comical! I think patience is key in my search, and taking note of everyone's kind advice!