Forums Latest Members
  1. Bogartrules May 9, 2015

Hello all I've been lurking on here for a bit but did not post because I didn't have an omega watch. I did do a lot of reading and wishing and saving. I bided my time and waited till the opportunity to acquire one presented itself so I could be an active member. Well that time has come finally. I have a omega speed-master mark IV I acquired today and it's incomplete and I did not know where else to turn. I'm going to an authorized omega service tech later this morning and put it in for service. I'm missing the 24 hour triangle that sits under the small seconds hand. Does anyone know where I could get one or should I send this back to omega and see if they redial like the big R type watch maker does to it's vintage watches? Any information and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I got this in a trade with 3 other watches.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. lillatroll May 9, 2015

hello, nice watch.
    From what I can gather after the short time I have been here, sending a watch back to Omega may not be the best option if you want to keep the watch original. Depending on where you are in the world there are many good watchmakers recomended by memebers here who will do an excellent job.

3. Bogartrules May 9, 2015

Yes I know that very well with my experience with a Rolex gmt 1 I have a local watch maker who is omega cert so he can get parts I just don't know if they make parts for a 1973 watch any more

4. lenny May 9, 2015

Bogartrules likes this.
  5. Bogartrules May 9, 2015

It wasn't known to be missing till I brought it up he refunded 250 to me to take care of it so I'm good I am going to drop it off at my local watch maker I'll tell him about the part thanks much.

6. lenny May 9, 2015

7. Bogartrules May 9, 2015

Will do sir thanks for the help seriously I want this the way god intended lol. From what I'm hearing and seeing a Mark IV is kinda rare I see several 4.5 but no 4's so I'm going to get this back to factory specks without ruining the vintage part if at all possible. Thanks.