Forums Latest Members
  1. josephvman Feb 4, 2016

[​IMG]

Just traded my X-33 Solar Impulse for the classic! The X-33 is a technical wonder with unbelievable accuracy and some very interesting complications, but I never wore the watch. I think it was the color scheme, which is striking but just doesn't work with my office attire. I probably would have been better off with the X-33 Skywalker on the bracelet, and may revisit that watch down the road, but I'm exceptionally happy with my Speedy Pro! I've owned dozens of nice pieces but this is actually my first Speedy Pro, and I'm wonder why I waited this long! It actually never occurred to me that the movement was essentially non-hacking, but I think I got the hang of the method in getting it to hack, which is powerful motivation to wind it every day! I picked up a couple of Omega NATO straps yesterday, which are obscenely priced but so nice that they're almost worth it. This reference was on the leather strap, which I don't particularly care for, so I'll probably end up wearing it mostly on the NATO straps.

2. uvalaw2005 Feb 5, 2016

Congrats, sounds like only a matter of time before the X-33 makes it way back.

3. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Feb 5, 2016

Excellent pic. Your post caused me to find out about the X-33, which, (not deliberately I think), I had never taken any notice of previously. With due respect to Omega and X-33 owners, it seems to me a very unattractive watch in both concept and aesthetically: a huge contrast with the Speedy Pro which I hope and expect you'll just enjoy with increasing depth.

4. keepschanging Feb 5, 2016

Yeah doesn't the manual tell you how to hack? or it used to. move the minute hand backwards and hold i believe...

bit of an accuracy freak so yeah i do it too

Egatdagi likes this.
  5. josephvman Feb 5, 2016

The X-33 is definitely more a flight instrument than a watch, and the look is an acquired taste. I rotate watches daily and the X-33 requires great familiarity to understand the logic of the numerous controls and in the handful of times I wore it I always struggled to figure it out, which is really a user issue and not the piece. I do use the Chrono function often and I appreciate the lack of screw-down pushers on the Speedy. My Tudor Heritage has small pushers that aren't easy to unscrew without taking the watch off.

If I wanted to add the correct new-style bracelet with the screw links, where would be the best place to source that?

6. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 5, 2016

Congratulations on your new Speedy! Nice to know there's another synchronization freak out there. Like you, I make a great effort to wind my Speedy every day because if it stops, I may spend 15-20 minutes and multiple tries to get the small seconds hand and minute hand perfectly synchronized.

I wish you many years of happy wearing!

OSP likes this.
  7. duc Feb 5, 2016

That is a stunning combination Joe. Those leather straps must be expensive as well. Maybe someone will make an offer on the one you have. It might pay for another NATO. :cool:

8. GregH Feb 6, 2016

Congratulations and welcome!

9. knappo1307 Feb 7, 2016

Great pick up, Joe.. :)

10. SamQue Feb 7, 2016

image.jpeg Liked my X-33 gen 1 so much I purchased the new X-33 Skywalker. Would never sell the gen 1 version. But before I bought those, my first was a classic moonwatch Speedmaster. Never mind the PO chrono in photo, just for size comparison.

hansmaulwurf and duc like this.
  11. Texas_Tom Feb 8, 2016

Great classic!

12. Gasman Feb 8, 2016

As a newbie to the world of watches, can someone tell me what's a "hack"?

13. KstateSkier Feb 8, 2016

Great pickup. Sweet looking piece and great strap too!

14. Egatdagi Feb 8, 2016

You can stop the second hand by pulling out the crown so you can sync the time to the second

KstateSkier likes this.
  15. Fernando Feb 8, 2016

The Nato strap looks great with the speedy.

Riviera Paradise and KstateSkier like this.
  16. Perseus Feb 23, 2016

If I remember correctly the manual says you can apply gentle pressure to the crown to stop the second hand in order to sync the seconds. For reason I don't really care about syncing the seconds on my Speedy.

17. wx_073 Feb 24, 2016

Congrats on your Speedy. Wear it in good health!!!!

18. demollo Feb 24, 2016

Congrats !

19. ibis888 Feb 24, 2016

Congrats, beautiful watch.