Forums Latest Members
  1. imd Oct 10, 2018

I've had this watch for 10 or 15 years, but am only now growing curious. I took off the back and see that it's a 560 movement, and the serial number indicates 1964 production. the caseback has 116.007 stamped which I don't understand. I'm wondering what model it should be called? Geneve? I'm amazed that it has a screw-down back. and keeps amazing time. Thx-Mick

IMG_2528.JPG IMG_2520.JPG IMG_2522.JPG
  2. Dan S Oct 10, 2018

I think the case-back says 166.002 (I'm not sure where you read 116.007). Now I'm wondering if you read the caliber number and serial number off of the movement correctly, but I can't check because your photo is out-of-focus.

Here is the OVD entry, which seems to suggest that this reference was part of both Geneve and Seamaster lines.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-st-166-0002

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. chipsotoole Oct 11, 2018

An OMG blur-o-matic with romance automatic movement: a cal "blob" I believe... early to mid 60's like the polaroid camera you used! :p

omegasaso12 likes this.
  4. jimmyd13 Oct 11, 2018

Someone get Chips a coffee ..... STAT!

(EDIT - there is a lug that's in perfect focus)

chipsotoole likes this.
  5. Edward53 Oct 11, 2018

It's a generic "no name" Omega, meaning it has the same movement as a Seamaster or Geneve but for some reason this isn't named as such on the dial. I don't know why, as it's a Seamaster in all but name and it's not surprising it keeps good time. The case and movement are both good quality and the crown (= winder) is the original one. It is worth getting it serviced if you value it, otherwise dried-out lubricant will eventually wear down the finer working parts. A good independent watchmaker experienced with vintage models can do that for you. It is not advisable to send it to Omega, for reasons that have been discussed at length on this forum.

6. imd Oct 11, 2018

Thx Edward...i suspected the no-name, but was hoping there might be something easier for the sake of conversation. Would seem awkward to market these when they were new, and surprised they carried the 560 movement. Yes to Dan... 166.002 ( found a better magnifier, as my eyesight is fading fast), and confirmed the serial and movement. The omega has what appears to be a number 1 above the 560, and the movement says "unadjusted". I've had it for a long time, and it was old when i bought it, so she definitely deserves a service-better late than never i suppose.