First Speedy Tuesday!!!

Posts
187
Likes
418
I received my first Speedmaster in the mail yesterday. After a few years research and trying to find one at a reasonable price in great condition I settled on this Trilogy Speedmaster.

Case dimensions, broad arrows and straight lugs are just incredible. Having a spare bracelet to keep pristine amongst this and the Seamaster 300 from the trilogy series is a bonus.

I must be one of the few that actually enjoys the chunkiness and no taper of the Trilogy bracelets, definitely helps in planting the watch on wrist!
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,760
It's difficult to imagine a better choice for one's first Speedy...a real stunner for sure. Congratulations!
 
Posts
3,892
Likes
23,257
An absolute keeper for sure. Congrats on a great choice!
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
It's difficult to imagine a better choice for one's first Speedy...a real stunner for sure. Congratulations!
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
An absolute keeper for sure. Congrats on a great choice!
Cheers Faz, I’m loving it on wrist, currently on one of the supplied NATO’s, it’s a good look!
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
It's difficult to imagine a better choice for one's first Speedy...a real stunner for sure. Congratulations!
Thanks, so glad that I went with the Trilogy, research pays off! Just so many good options out there with Speedy’s, and limited ability to try them on!
 
Posts
7,773
Likes
14,363
The Trilogy Speedmaster is a great homage piece, it didn't really catch on at the beginning but is finding its place now. I've never been bothered by the lume color, it's just a design choice. Bracelet is a bit chunky compared to some of the newer designs, but very comfortable and of high quality. Enjoy your new piece.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Old but New look… best of both worlds really 👍👍
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
The Trilogy Speedmaster is a great homage piece, it didn't really catch on at the beginning but is finding its place now. I've never been bothered by the lume color, it's just a design choice. Bracelet is a bit chunky compared to some of the newer designs, but very comfortable and of high quality. Enjoy your new piece.
Loving it, thanks! I actually like the heft of the chunky bracelet on smaller watches like these. Makes the watch seem a little less dainty, I was surprised at how small and light the watch head is when worn on leather.
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
5,922
Congratulations... any of the three Trilogies are a solid win.
Well done sir.
 
Posts
121
Likes
183
Congrats to the OP - beautiful watch and great 'first' to the Speedmaster world.

An absolute keeper for sure. Congrats on a great choice!

Personally, since I got the modern 321, I am debating this personally as for me the Trilogy Speedmaster gets almost no wrist time.
This is due to personal preference (slimmer bracelet, hands) in favor of the 321.

If someone made a great offer I had a hard time to deciding on letting it go or not. And I usually never sell collectible watches. 🤔
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
I had one, I regret it a lot, for a first one, it is THE first one... Wonderful on leather...👍
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
Congrats to the OP - beautiful watch and great 'first' to the Speedmaster world.



Personally, since I got the modern 321, I am debating this personally as for me the Trilogy Speedmaster gets almost no wrist time.
This is due to personal preference (slimmer bracelet, hands) in favor of the 321.

If someone made a great offer I had a hard time to deciding on letting it go or not. And I usually never sell collectible watches. 🤔[/QU
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
Has to be a first!

Just wondering what you think a great offer is as a range for this watch.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Very nice. This will be my first speedy as well. I love the look.
 
Posts
7,773
Likes
14,363
Congrats to the OP - beautiful watch and great 'first' to the Speedmaster world.



Personally, since I got the modern 321, I am debating this personally as for me the Trilogy Speedmaster gets almost no wrist time.
This is due to personal preference (slimmer bracelet, hands) in favor of the 321.

If someone made a great offer I had a hard time to deciding on letting it go or not. And I usually never sell collectible watches. 🤔
Agree, I have both, too, and the 321 is just a more polished design with better execution, so the Trilogy doesn't get as much action. But it's different enough to maintain it's spot in the collection. It will hold its value and maybe trend upward going forward.
 
Posts
42
Likes
26
That looks great on the brown leather- Nicely done as a first piece!.... Looking forward to your second 😀