Forums Latest Members

First Speedmaster Purchase

1. Yogi Apr 28, 2016

Hi there,
    First post, and have been combing the forum gathering up all the useful information. I know this question has been covered to an extent, but was hoping for a few quick opinions. I am looking to buy my first speedie, and I am leaning toward a newer model 3570 or 311 (hesalite) model complete/pre owned. I've seen some very positive opinions about sellers here on the forum and a few positive reviews of jomashop. I know jomashop basically comes without warranty (poorly reviewed jomashop one), however right now can snag a new 311 speedie from them for 3325. Taking unknown service history into account for some of the older 3570s that can be bought pre owned, this seems like a pretty good deal..... Any thoughts?

2. SeanO Apr 29, 2016

If you're after a cheap speedy then by all means go jomas. If you want the Omega experience then walk into a boutique or AD and have some fun. You'll probably find yourself wanting another before too long and you should look to build a relationship with the local guy. There is a whole range of "Omega experience " stuff you may get access to by being in the system apart from the full factory warranty thing.

3. Yogi Apr 29, 2016

Thanks for the input SeanO. Going to see what price point local AD is at. As I was going through posts there were a lot of varying opinions about which avenue to make the purchase. Just weighing the benefits of factory warranty vs savings of going pre owned or grey market. Either way I guess it's a good thing to have a plethora of options. I agree with ya though, have a feeling this will be the first step to being hooked.