Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchRob Sep 11, 2013

Okay. What you see below is my first vintage purchase. After a few months of leisurely Internet research, I happened upon and purchased the DeVille below for $300. Very much dipping my toe in the water.

It runs fairly accurately, but the sweep of the second hand can be a bit "jumpy" at times. I was told that it is all original, except for a replaced crystal.

A few questions I have after a careful review:
    1) the Omega symbol, name, and "Seamaster" all have a orangeish halo effect around them, but not the "DeVille". Any ideas why?
    2) Although the crown carries the Omega logo, it looks different than others I've seen on similar vintage Deville's (finer ridges). Perhaps a replacement?
    3) Was the all-steel case indeed issued with the champagne dial? It seems an odd combo.
    4) The omega symbol also seems newer than what I've seen from similar vintage

Sorry, no pics of the movement - I'm on the road at the moment. Anyhow, please let me know your thoughts. And please be honest. I can take it, this is not my retirement at stake.

Thanks.

2. WatchRob Sep 11, 2013

27355-0c2ca5f2dc60183eb172cb6863d6a2fe.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Forgot the pics!

3. jss01 Sep 11, 2013

I think the dial is refurbished. look at the hour markers. But yea, the price seems fair to me.

- Joachim