Forums Latest Members
  1. cad1988 Aug 14, 2017

Hey,

I'm pretty new to this so go easy on me!!!

I've been looking around at decent watches recently as I've decided it's time for a big boy watch. After looking through Omega, Brietling, Tag and even some pre owned Rolex I've decided on the Omega Aqua Terra 150M Co Axial 41.5mm.

I'm after people's opinions as to whether it's a good first watch or whether you'd start with a different model?

Thanks!

2. Motman Aug 14, 2017

It's as good as any other. You obviously like it so get what you like, not others!

Foo2rama and cad1988 like this.
  3. lillatroll Aug 14, 2017

Hello
    If you are only going to buy one watch then buy the one you love. You will only know this when you put it on your wrist. Go to a shop and try a few things on, then think about it for a day or two and you will know which one you want. If you are torn between two watches, buy them both:). If you have already done this and the aqua terra is the one you love then buy it. Many people on here will tell you the classic speedmaster is the way to go. Try not to listen to them, it will get expensive, one speedy is not enough.

Shailor likes this.
  4. Andomega Aug 14, 2017

One thing to note may be that the current aqua terra has the date at 3 o'clock with a vertical lines on the dial. The new Basel 2017 model should be getting released soon will have the date at 6 o'cock with horizontal lines.

5. Shailor Aug 14, 2017

You'll only know after try a bunch on. Don't feel indebted to the salesperson to buy right away. These cost a lot of money and, if done right, will provide you with decades of reliability. Have you looked at a Globemaster? These are fast becoming a favorite of mine.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Maybe Aug 14, 2017

As already put, you will have to try it on your wrist. Big difference from just viewing it 2D.

7. cad1988 Aug 16, 2017

Cheers everyone. No doubt I'll get the bug now, although the Mrs might have something to say about it! :whistling:

Here it is...!

IMG_3143.JPG
    mikechi22, 67ViP, Aronis and 5 others like this.
  8. Maybe Aug 16, 2017

Nice, that dial is super!

cad1988 likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2017

Great choice for a do everything watch!

cad1988 likes this.