Forums Latest Members
  1. Hernium Apr 19, 2020

Hello!

I've been a lurker on here for a while, and even snagged my first Swiss watch off the private sales forums - a Constellation C-shape that I am greatly pleased with. I'll be the first to admit I've only very recently gotten myself into this rabbit hole after I got a chance to handle one of my mate's King Seiko, and lots of hours on the web later, ended up here!

The other watches in my very humble collection are a very beat up F-91W which served me well in my time in the army (being forced to roll around in deep mud and other fun adventures!), and my grandfather's old Seiko 7548 which I just had to get overhauled and pressure tested after all these years.

My most recent acquisition is something I think I'll keep for years to come, a 2016 Speedy Hesalite to celebrate both my 21st and somehow managing to get into Purdue - what better watch to pick for a school which produced both the first and the last man to walk on the moon!

It's been nice to have such a treasure trove of information on this forum, and I hope I can finally start adding to it sometime in the future. See y'all around!

2. wagudc Apr 19, 2020

Sounds like a great start. Welcome! Now let's see some pictures of the watches!

3. NikoMartinez_SYD Apr 19, 2020

Welcome mate, I am also a newbie here, however long time lurker too. Similarly i bought my first watch from the private sales forum and waiting for the delivery! exciting...

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 2.24.51 pm.png
  4. wagudc Apr 19, 2020

Nice grab! It's a beut.

5. NikoMartinez_SYD Apr 19, 2020

Thanks mate, was my first baptism into OF, will be buying but also selling much more i am sure.. glad to be here!

6. wagudc Apr 19, 2020

I recognize it as one from @Toishome. They have had so many great watches in the sub $500 range for sale.

Toishome likes this.
  7. NikoMartinez_SYD Apr 19, 2020

Yes thats right ! Easy to deal with seller. Fair deal.

wagudc likes this.
  8. Hernium Apr 19, 2020

Ah of course, how could I forget ;)

The connie isn't around currently, off to Simon Freese for a lot of work: manual winding has stopped working entirely, and the watch loses a minute every 5 hours or so...hard way to learn not to drop a watch :oops:

In any case, here are some pictures of it in happier times, and the 7548 as a bonus: DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0034.jpg

wagudc and Longbow like this.