Forums Latest Members

First Post, Looking For A New Omega!

1. London1 Sep 11, 2012

I am about to buy a new Omega Seamaster, and have been round to several ADs and the Omega boutiques here in London checking them out.

The ADs in general seem keen to offer a reasonable discount, but I have noticed that their watches also seem to be slightly marked, just with small scratches or marks from where people have been trying them on. The Omega boutique watches are perfect, but I'd have to pay 100% retail price to buy one from there.

The ADs I have spoken to will not order a new watch in, presumably as they want to clear their old stock first.

So, it seems like I have a choice between a 100% perfect watch at full price or a 95% perfect one for quite a big discount. Logically, I realise that it is going to pick up a few more marks as I wear it (even though I am super careful!), but I'd quite likle it to be perfect to start with.

Anyone else had this problem? Maybe it is just a case of trying s few more ADs.

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 11, 2012

It would not be that important to me if it was a big discount and this was a "wearing" watch. But I would suggest you try a few more ADs to appease your misgivings. I have seen flawless examples for sale at ADs, so it is possible.

3. Littleroger Sep 11, 2012

I wouldn't worry about a few minor scratches. It might even ease the pain when you scratch it for the first time yourself! Who knows, you might even enjoy it more that way, wear it and not worry too much. Too many watches are mollycoddled.

4. London1 Sep 11, 2012

Thanks both! Yes, this is definitely a wearing watch, and the discount is up to 20% now. I will take care of it, but it will be worn almost every day, so I know it will pick up scratches and marks over time.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 11, 2012

A 20% discount on a 95% watch to wear daily seems well worth it.

6. bob martian Sep 11, 2012

discount is good. You will also get the warranty and service.

7. ulackfocus Sep 11, 2012

Wear glasses that blur your vision slightly. Problem solved.

Or have the watch touched up, rebrushing or polishing as the surface was intended to be finished.

8. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Sep 11, 2012

Which Seamaster are you after? Need any recommendations?

I can put you in touch with a very good dealership in the Midlands, they will look after you really well :thumbsup:

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Soon as you wear it out you'll have hairlines on it, but a Seamaster is a tough watch, I'd go for the AD one at a discount, but have a look at Chris' AD, he might be able to do a good deal for you