Forums Latest Members
  1. Long71 May 19, 2013

I've stumbled across a crisp 14k pink bumper connie with black dial and pg dial furniture. Not sure of ref band waiting on close up pics of the dial. Photos don't even show if the dial is guilloche or not.

I haven't come across this before. Assuming the dial is original, any ideas as to rarity?

Thanks for help.

conor

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 19, 2013

Can you post the pics you have even if they're a bit bad? If its an original black dial 14K solid rose gold connie its an uncommon piece if original.

3. Long71 May 19, 2013

I'm out and about now. I'll post a scan ASAP. Hoping to get a close up of the dial tomorrow.

thanks

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 19, 2013

OK, we'll wait here.

5. ulackfocus May 19, 2013

MKelley likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 19, 2013

I'll take "Vintage Omegas" for $200, Alex! ;)
    gatorcpa

7. Long71 May 20, 2013

Sorry about the delay - it took 3 days to receive the scan. It's a black pie pan and looks in good condition, as does the case - I'm just not sure about originality. Any opinions would be gratefully received,

Regards
    Conor
    . pg connie.jpg

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 20, 2013

Hi Conor, welcome.
    Nice black dial constellation you have there.
    But it would require higher res picture to be able to give better judgement.
    Could you re-post with higher than 1000 x 1000 pixel if possible?

Give the side and back picture,too. If you can open the caseback, the picture of movement and caseback inside would also help.

9. Long71 May 20, 2013

Sorry about the delay - it took 3 days to receive the scan. It's a black pie pan and looks in good condition, as does the case - I'm just not sure about originality. Any opinions would be gratefully received. Seeing on screen, it seems to have uploaded very small - I'll retry shortly.

Spelling is "chronometer", not "chronometre", the writing is definitely in pink gold, the hour markers align correctly and all seem be the same distance from the rehaut and minute track.

Regards
    Conor
    . View attachment 18760

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 20, 2013

Conor, unfortunately the picture is so small and lacking it detail that not too much can be said with any certainty.
    The watch does appear to be RG, at least on the top of the case. The dial script appears RG. IF the dial is original (not enough detail to say) and if it is chronometer it may be a late 2852 or later reference. 14k would be most unusal in PG, more likely 18k if solid. You still need better pictures, still too many questions.

11. Long71 May 20, 2013

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 20, 2013

The dial has been repainted. To tell you more we need pictures of the back, inside and sides of the watch

IMG_7173a.jpg

13. Long71 May 20, 2013

I'm afraid that I dont have a lot more - its for auction. I happen to be 3000 miles away from the auction right now and can't see it in person. The auctioneer is not particularly knowledgeable about watches, and to be honest, I would be afraid of their skills in opening such a piece. Then suggested that it was 1970s, if that illustrates the problem.

I'm sorry to hear its a redial. I thought the case looked pretty clean and wondered about NOS. Anyway, I'm very glad for the expertise. Many thanks. Just for my information, how did you identify the redial - I thought it passed some of the basics such as the MOY test etc.

Conor

14. ulackfocus May 20, 2013

It's certainly not a NOS case - it's quite over polished, so much so that the bevel on the bezel is rounded off. That's a late 50's watch.

15. Long71 May 20, 2013

In my defence, I did know it was 1950s - hence my original suspicion it might be a bumper.Somewhat speculatively, I anticipated that it might be a "chronometre" dial, expecting it to be mid rather than late 50s.

There was a pretty unclear scan showing a very sharp bevel on the bezel, but very poor focus on the dial. I would suspect that the dial scan is correspondingly unclear on the case. As my posts here may indicate to the casual observer, I'm not the most technologically adept, and couldn't work out how to post the original picture - the patience of the readers/respondents on this thread is much appreciated.

Conor

16. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 20, 2013

Yes dial looks refinished and not an original black dial. Case has been polished as well.

17. Dablitzer May 20, 2013

Would of been nice, but a redial unfortunately. Here is my original pink gold 561 for your reference.
    image.jpg

Don't know anyone here who has a pink gold black dial connie, meaning black dial and pink gold case. if there is I'd love to see it? :D

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 20, 2013

Now, now. Remember, Kensington, not Essex. ;)

19. Dablitzer May 20, 2013

that was a serious question, has anyone got one? :(

MKelley likes this.
  20. Long71 May 20, 2013

Sadly, no.

It was worth asking, wasn't it?

Conor