Forums Latest Members
  1. Tacol0ver Apr 22, 2021

Hello everyone.

I’ve been a collector of timepieces for a while. Being extremely young (big juxtaposition there) I am perpetually broke. So I want to get the most watch for my money
    Enter vintage timepieces. You tell me I can get an in-house movement from a big brand all for change in the pocket? Sign-me in!

After years of playing with longines and Hamilton I finally bit the bullet on an omega. It is an omega Geneve 136.041. But being so frantic on all the actions I was browsing, I completely overlooked that the case had been changed to one of a seamaster 14390-8sc.

I do not intent to return it, as it was my own mistake, and I do like the watch. Worst case scenario I’ll resale it later, obviously stating the changes and cut my loses.

what do you guys think of it? Is there something I don’t know? The Speedmaster Geneve’s I’ve seen don’t have this configuration. How much of an idiot am I?

This rounded up to 300 bucks even, I know, I overpaid for it a lot. But in my head at the time this was a fairly clean omega, and prices are rising.

You live and learn I guess,

Thanks for the acceptance into the forum, big respect to everyone!

B05CEBDA-D73B-45EA-9610-6C310F01DEEF.jpeg 418CFFEC-0B61-42F0-BB8E-952245A56785.jpeg 24A98A66-AE2E-42BF-8A6E-31AF0F902287.jpeg 73343803-B331-4ECA-9A26-DE419570D11D.jpeg A84A6A2F-20DA-4987-87E5-A0053B31A28E.jpeg
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 22, 2021

Welcome to the forum. I really think you should return it while and if you still can. Soon enough you will see another watch you will like and you will wish you had those funds for it.
    Especially if you’re perpetually broke there is no reason to keep it, you think you may like it now but there’s a fair chance it won’t last.

Oh and if you’re done « playing » with Longines and you’re tired of them; by all means I’ll be happy to relieve you of them. In other words, « Dibs ».
    Best regards

Lurk41, amcclell, iamvr and 2 others like this.
  3. SkunkPrince Apr 22, 2021

Send it back.

Syrte likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal Apr 22, 2021

If you have no intention of sending it back, then wear the hell out of it until it dies. Don’t throw any money at it for service unless you plan to keep it for life.

Larry S likes this.
  5. Awetaylor Apr 23, 2021

I’d say return it, that bitterness will only come back every time you look at this watch. You also help the community by letting the dealer know that this kind of practice is not acceptable.

Wait around in this forum and check the private sales section...you’ll get a proper Omega

I bought a beautiful Geneve here from a forum member for 450ish euro

iamvr likes this.
  6. Tacol0ver Apr 24, 2021

Thanks everyone for your input, and you guys where right couldn’t bear to look at the pictures.
    Watch is getting here on Monday, will return it right away. Instead I got a 9kt gold Record with a somewhat rare 640 movement for the same price. I guess I can’t get away from Longines after all.
    I’ll get a nice omega once i snipe one out from eBay actions or get enough money to get something worth getting.

Syrte likes this.
  7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 24, 2021

Great to hear, you’ll have to show us the gold one you got instead :thumbsup:
    Also curious to see your Longines, there’s a special’subforum dedicated to the brand.

8. Tacol0ver Apr 24, 2021

If I’m being quite honest, I don’t know where it is!
    I was in the ICU for 3 months, time in which my fiancé moved in with my parents and she moved my stuff. My seikos and broken Hamilton surprisingly where there, but for some reason I can’t find the longines. If I find it I’ll post it for sure! It’s a 60’s square tank with the caliber 370 white gold filled case. It was my first in-house Swiss and I loved it

9. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 24, 2021

So sorry to hear about your health problems— hoping this new watch you got brings some joy, and wishing you the best possible recovery.

Scarecrow Boat and vintage hab like this.
  10. Tacol0ver May 3, 2021

Just got the refund for the omega, and here’s the picture of its replacement if anyone care about it lol. Thank you everyone for your feedback, and I’ll guess I’ll have to wait for that omega until I can get more mula or find a decent steal.
    Have a nice evening!

F48ADFE1-7B8E-4C55-B432-D034335DD329.jpeg
    MtnMarine, LesXL and wagudc like this.
  11. JwRosenthal May 3, 2021

Nothing wrong with that! I would rather have an honest Record than a cobbled Omega.

MtnMarine, wagudc and Syrte like this.
  12. LesXL May 5, 2021

Late welcome, and that's a lovely piece you got yourself there.

Experience with different strap colours, and if it does the same to you than to me, it feels like having a new watch at every change :)

There are plenty of nice models of smaller brands that can help you at the start to feel what is what you like most as style. I'm also fairly new to watch collecting (only a few years), not having the decades of some of our venerable members here, but it did help experimenting (buying cleverly so you can flip them if necessary at cost) and at least focusing on the current guidelines I'd like in my collection to grow on now.

Wear it with good health, and enjoy the immense reservoir of knowledge this forum is/has.

13. iChristos May 8, 2021

Hello and welcome from Belgium !
    As you said, we live, we learn...
    Beautiful omega geneve seamaster.

LesXL likes this.