Forums Latest Members
  1. wah Sep 14, 2017

Hi all. I've been lurking around for a year or two and finally got around to joining. First off, I need to congratulate everyone on this forum (especially the admins) as I believe this is the only place on the internet where people are civil. My one wish is that I could somehow get my world news here as well (those comment section in typical news sites are a great way to lose your faith in humanity).

I'm new to vintage watch collecting and am in the market for a good daily beater, and as such, I'm not too concerned with its collectability, though I do want it to be authentic. I've got my eye on a barn find that needs some TLC. I live in a pretty rural area in the US, which means little access to quality watch repair. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good mail-in Omega service shops? Sorry if this has been broached before; in my defense, I did do a search but didn't see what I was looking for.

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 14, 2017

Rural area in the US covers a fair amount of real estate. Can you pin it down to the nearest town with traffic lights?

Our US members can then offer some suggestions.

3. wah Sep 14, 2017

North Louisiana. Dallas would probably be the best driving spot, but diving is difficult at the moment.

Also, it's a simple no-date Seamaster, no complicated chronograph functions if that helps.

4. Luck7496 Sep 14, 2017

I'm in the DALLAS area, but also very new to vintage watches. Interested to hear suggestions on trusted watchmakers.

@wah, does "North Louisiana" mean Shreveport?

5. wah Sep 15, 2017

A little east of Shreveport.

But since I'll probably have to mail it anyway, being close really has no weight in my decision. I'll pretty much take any good repair shop in the continental US would do.

6. smorrisonmd Sep 15, 2017

I use Blake with Scotch Watch in Kerrville, Tx. Very reasonable prices and quick turn around.

7. wah Sep 15, 2017

Thank you for the tip. I'll look them up.

8. No.15 Sep 15, 2017

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 15, 2017

I live in Australia and have sent watches to Canada for service. The world is a small place nowdays. Find a good watchmaker in the US by searching as plenty of threads about watchmakers