Forums Latest Members
  1. Khanscious Apr 7, 2015

Hey everyone,
    Been reading this forum for about two months ago when I was hit with the watch bug. I've never purchased an Omega before and I hoped you guys could help me in gauging the authenticity of this used Speedmaster.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-Speed...789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf66149d5Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

People on this forum are knowledgable and helpful, I couldn't imagine getting one without running it by some seasoned Omega owners.

2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 7, 2015

Are you wishing for a Speedmaster Automatic or a Speedmaster Professional. The Speedmaster Automatic is a different animal entirely from the "Moon Watch" if it's the Moon Watch you're seeking.

I'm no seasoned Speedmaster owner but perhaps one will happen along shortly.

Meanwhile, here's one listed for sale here on the Forum. There are other Speedmaster Professionals offered for sale as well. You might take a look.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-professional-3590-50.23806/

3. Khanscious Apr 7, 2015

I don't need the moon watch, rather I'm just looking for something that's authentic without anything flagrantly wrong with it that a novice would miss.

4. Bienne2998 Apr 7, 2015

there's nothing wrong with an automatic speedmaster. But I'm afraid after staying a while on this forum and getting the "bug" you might regret the choice and will start to search for a (real) moon watch.
    ...and as time goes by you will find yourself admiring the vintage ones and can not understand why you were looking for new watches at the beginning....
    well maybe I'm wrong, but that's what happened with me.
    Best, Thomas

5. Mothra Apr 8, 2015

me too. Although the friend I sold the reduced to (at a loss) is very very happy with it, so ymmv. I think this watch is unlikely to be fake, and in any case looks good in you auction - the movement is genuine- but I'm trying to work out if I'm seeing dinks in the bezel ir if its the camera lighting....

6. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Apr 8, 2015

Doesn't appear to be a fake. I think that the dinks on the bezel are reflections of the pushers.
    My opinion, for what it's worth, is not to be seduced by the price. Paying 1200 for this Speedmaster is a lot less than what you would have to pay for a "real" moon watch, but in three months, will you be satisfied or will you be wanting to upgrade to the "real" one.
    I was about to buy a reduced like you are looking at, but in the end waited and bought a Mark series. I was happy that I waited.
    Nothing wrong with the reduced series, it's a real Omega after all, just want for me.