Forums Latest Members
  1. Stretch44 Oct 4, 2019

Hi all,

Thanks for accepting me! I just purchased my first Omega. A Speedy with Hesalite and solid case back. Been wanting this forever and so excited to be a member of the Omega club!

Image (18).jpg
    Dedalus05, ama98, DaveK and 12 others like this.
  2. watch72 Oct 4, 2019

Great first Omega! I have been eyeing this watch as well. But I have a small wrist and I have been hesitating.
    The hesalite is quite special - I love the curve of the lens, particularly as it turn outward to the bezel.
    Wear it in good health.

Stretch44 likes this.
  3. Lurk41 Oct 4, 2019

Not bad for your first Omega :thumbsup:

@watch72 How small your wrist is?
    I have a small wrist too (6" 1/4 - 15.75cm) and thought the same. Then I had the occasion to try a Speedmaster Pro, tried it thinking it would be too big (not truly thinking about it TBH because deep inside I already knew it would be too big) and I ended very surprised! For sure it is bigger than my reduced, but it is not that big. I am fairly confident no one will find it "too big for me" the day I pull the trigger.
    I realized afterward that the 42mm is truly the case diameter, which is asymetrical. A Speedy wears closer to its bezel size, which should be something like 40mm.

If that can help to have a better idea of what I usually wear, my biggest watch ("physically" but also "visually" speaking) is a Hamilton Khaki Field: 40mm diameter, 49mm lug to lug, 12mm thick. Depending of the shape, I may be able to go 1mm longer but that's it. I tried a HydroConquest 41mm a long time ago and it was a bit too big.
    I think the Pro wears even a bit smaller than my Khaki, so, definitely not "too big"

watch72 and Stretch44 like this.
  4. Stretch44 Oct 4, 2019

For reference, my wrist is 6.5". It wears smaller than 42.

Lurk41 likes this.
  5. Stufflers Mom Oct 4, 2019

Bullseye, great first choice.

Stretch44 likes this.
  6. watch72 Oct 5, 2019

My wrist is about 6.30" and I did tried watches >42mm. I guess you are right - the case design, bezel thickness, lug to lug are all factors that influence how it finally looks on the wrist. Furthermore, if didn't wear the watch tightly, it would slip and the lug will hit the table when I rest my hand on the table. My favourite size is 36~38mm and I would be comfortable with even smaller at 34mm. The Chopard shown is 36.5mm

P1000189.JPG
    Lurk41 likes this.